30 minutes to hunt and out pops 1941 merk dime

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
:thumbsup: Just when I was about to give up on my 2 acre yard and im driving the wife nuts digging every night I find a 1941 merk dime before work. So far Ive found a 1905,1899 barber dimes and now this merk on other side of house Oh and a trade token. My theory is since my house was buily in 1957 that since I find old rotted away shot gun primers before the plastic in areas around dime finds that someone was hunting years ago, just a thought. Since i own the front 2 acres that is mowed I cant wait till the brush dies down in the fall and hit behind me there is a total of another 3 to 4 acres that is my nieghbors attached to me that I dont own. I am still working on pix always get a fault says to big or something. Dave

Upvote 0

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
when you save your pic...save as 50% size and they will post. nice finds. keep hunting!

shanko

Dec 6, 2006
Anderson, In.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter pioneer 202
wish i could find some silver on my property, but this place wasnt built till the 70's and the oldest coins ive found reflect that fact.

HH,

shanko

OP
OP
D

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
I didnt expect to find things this old either , but being in a woods I think people over the years were in and out I am now a firm believer that like arrowheads there is so much in the ground just keep looking and swinging. Dave

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah...we gotta have those pics to go with the story, Dave! :D Maybe try loading them to 'paint' and shrink 'em? Sounds like a bunch of GREAT finds and a GREAT site to hunt! :thumbsup: You need to find an old map of the place..could have been something else there at one time?

Congrats on the finds! Nana :)

And remind the wife it could be worse... :P :D

OP
OP
D

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Yea i still havent figured out how to find a map of our woods right now im going under the assumption that its random drops over years by people cutting wood or hunting in the woods who knows? dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread