First misstrike
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Apr 2008
    Northern VA
    White's M6 w/ Sunray Probe & a Bounty Hunter Lone Star

First misstrike

For the past couple weeks, whenever I cash my paycheck in, I'll hold onto about 10 or 20 dollars and exchange it for whatever half dollars or dollar coins the tellers happen to have. Really hit paydirt today in terms of numbers: got an older teller who's been there for years and recalled seeing 100+ dollars worth in the safe. Needless to say, they aren't there anymore ^^

Sadly tho, I only found 1 '69 half in terms of silver (re: 40% silver). Was really hoping for a Ben or a Walker hiding in the pile of coins. But I did find one coin that shocked me. You see, I've read all about misstrikes, like 7/8's or whatever, but even in the examples in the red book, I could never tell the difference. Never actually seen an Obvious misstrike, until I hit this coin. Its a 1983 half, and... well, im fairly sure everyone can pick out the oddity themselves ^^

Now the only question is, what do I do with it? lol

HH

update: guess it isnt a misstrike after all; sry for the false claim lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1983 Mis-Strike Half Dollar HQ Cropped - Pxld.jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	166.7 KB 
ID:	233988  

us
    Best stay at home dad in the world

Jul 2007
    Utah county, Utah
    Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
    11 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Re: First misstrike

The dates 1960 and 1980 were punched in after the coin left the mint. If you go through enough half dollars you will find many like this one. Sorry, not a mint error...Ryan
    LIVE FROM THE HEART OF THE ROCKIES

us
    Do you have Jesus in your heart?

Feb 2007
    Kentucky
    Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
    8 times

Not a mistrike.
    "Those who love me will keep my word, and my father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them." (John 14:23 NRSV)

Apr 2008
    Northern VA
    White's M6 w/ Sunray Probe & a Bounty Hunter Lone Star

Thx for the info ^^. Still looks pretty neat tho. I guess all you'd nd would be a die, some kind of hydraulic press (or lever) and a coin lol. Sry for the misidentity, but as i said, nver found a misstrike before so i really dont know what to look for (or what fakes to look out for).

Thx again for pointing that out; into the coin jar it goes then!

....the things people do... reminds me of the time i found a magnetic "copper" 1943 penny... =)

Sponsored Links