SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to the lakeshore today to the same stretch where I've found several old coins this past week. Thought today I'd be skunked though, an hour into it all I had was a couple of memorial cents and a half gallon back of junk. But I was hoping for just one more old coin so I kept walking, and digging. I was alternating between the muck shoreline and the higher up sand where I'd found my last Barber dime and I got a iffy signal on the Tiger Shark. Dug a deep hole to get the target and picked up a nickle sized coin. Usually just put them away but was so desperate for anything good, I took this one to the water, washed it off and darned if I didn't see a buffalo. No pic of that yet. Its badly discolored and green, so its soaking in Worchesire sauce which is supposed to clean them up.

Another hour, a jefferson nickle, clad dime, a few memorial cents and a whole lot more junk and I was ready to call it quits. But you know the "one more good hit" that keeps you going. So finally got a strong signal mid beach and up came another nickle sized coin, which came out the sand pretty clean, although dark. Turned out to be a 1905 V nickle in pretty decent shape.

This brings my shoreline finds for the last couple of weeks to: 1896 indian head penny, 1910 Canadian silver 5 cent piece, 1892 Barber Dime, 1913 Barber dime, no date Buffalo head nickle and 1905 V Nickle, a silver ring and a copper ring.

This is all from about a 150 foot shoreline section of a heavily hunted lake/park. Apparently, though, no one has hunted where I've been for a while or maybe they're only looking for big silver and walking right over this stuff. Fine with me.

Attachments

• Nicklefront.JPG
    Nicklefront.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 507
  • Nickle back.JPG
    Nickle back.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 504
Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice "V" nickle susan. See if you can hunt around the lake down at Carlton college in Northfield. Lots use it for many years--right on campus.

SKD

OP
OP
SusanMN

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks SKD!

MichiganRob

Jan 17, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
What a beautiful coin...great find.

I edited your photos so we could all see what a great coin you've got. That'll be 5 cents please...LOL :icon_jokercolor:

HH
MichiganRob

Attachments

• Nicklefront[1].jpg
    Nicklefront[1].jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 224
  • Nickle_back.JPG
    Nickle_back.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 226

ELVISFAN

Apr 26, 2007
WEBB CITY MISSOURI
Detector(s) used
WHITES DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1905 is the year Virgil Earp died it may have been in his pocket before he passed away ya never know Virgil was 62.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread