7 Silver, 15 Wheats ~ 4 Pieces of Silver Jewelry ~ 26 For 26 !!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello My Friends!!

I had another great detecting day!! My streak has extended to 26 straight "silver" hunts in the turf with the SE Pro Coil. :blob8: I met Mike(Ratman) at our "Silver Spot" in the park this morning, and before I even got there, Mike had two silver coins. After congratulating him, I was hoping I could get just one today to extend my streak. Within about half an hour, I managed an older woman's flower sterling ring, down around 7". About a half hour later, I got what I came looking for; a mint '63 Rosie. I was on the board, and now I could relax a little, and see what else was still left from this heavily pounded/pillaged spot of the park. I've been coming to this area of the park for the past 6 weeks now, hunting the area almost twice a week, 3-4 hours at a time, and it's still producing the deepies. Today, I got a bonus....4 pieces of jewelry. All the pieces were silver. My favorite is the antique style silver amethyst ring. It's a beauty!! ::) Unfortunately, the lawnmower did a number on one side of it, but the stone is still intact. There's only one marking in the inside, and it says "SILVER". It's my favorite and most detailed style woman's silver ring I have found in quite some time. The other pieces of silver jewelry are a sterling ring which has another silver loop soldered on. The stone is not really a stone on the ring....it's a solid piece of silver made to look like a diamond. There was an encrusted iron chain attached to the little loop on one end that I just threw away. I wish the chain had been silver too, but it wasn't. My last piece of jewelry was a large size silver (.925) pendant with 4 CZ's attached. When I dug it out of the ground it did not look like silver...it had a yellowish paint on it. As I was chipping the paint off, I noticed a black color underneath. Both Mike and I thought the pendant was just silver plated, but after doing electrolysis on it, the black came off, showing the beautiful silver underneath. ::)

So my final tally today was 2 '44 Mercury dimes, 1 '63 Rosie, 15 Wheaties(dates ranging from 1917-1958), and four pieces of silver jewelry. Just when I thought this site wasn't going to give up any more finds, it sure surprised me today. I'll probably be going back soon.

Thanks for looking!!

Keep the Passion High!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_3007_sm.jpg
    IMG_3007_sm.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 730
  • IMG_3011_sm.jpg
    IMG_3011_sm.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 706
  • IMG_3012_sm.jpg
    IMG_3012_sm.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 719
  • IMG_3019_sm.jpg
    IMG_3019_sm.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 701
  • Pendant925_092208.jpg
    Pendant925_092208.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 712
  • IMG_3017_sm.jpg
    IMG_3017_sm.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 708
  • IMG_3020_sm.jpg
    IMG_3020_sm.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 711
Upvote 0

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
HOLY COW DAN ~ SWEET SWEET FINDS!!

I don't think that I've never seen a piece of jewelry marked "SILVER"! I've only seen "925" & "sterling"! It's a beautiful ring too! WOOHOO!!!!

WoW wOw WoW wOw WoW wOw WoW!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
You keep this up and you'll have to change your name to DiMaggio! As oddcoins pointed out, I've never seen anything identified as "silver."

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Supper finds there Capt SE. Your the man.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Attachments

• remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 610
  • remvet.jpg
    remvet.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 623

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Dan. The silver ring with the stone is great!! :thumbsup: Keep the silver streak alive brother!! :headbang: :hello2:

LEOJ

Jun 20, 2006
Logan County, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exp. II
very nice digs captn....

the amethyst ring is defiantly sweet..... Unique......

I'm always intrigued by your post's and you seem to have a very good grip on the SE.

I'm also curious, if you don't mind me asking. On average, how many hours a week would you say you have coil to ground...

keep it up Captn!
Joel

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
That is some terrific finds Captn! That ring is great. I love the rosie as well. That one is really in killer shape. I have been cleaning our recent finds from the dirt and will post tomorrow. Not as stellar as yours but our streak is still alive buddy. Keep your streak alive Dan..You cannot be denied my friend! Goodluck on the next 25 or so.....LOL.... :thumbsup: jgas

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool site. Keep going and HH.

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Looks like you are rocking and a rolling on the silver! Congratulations dude! The purple ring is really nice! :)

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Way to go Really nice silver.
Dman

Thanks, Dman!!

HOLY COW DAN ~ SWEET SWEET FINDS!!

I don't think that I've never seen a piece of jewelry marked "SILVER"! I've only seen "925" & "sterling"! It's a beautiful ring too! WOOHOO!!!!

WoW wOw WoW wOw WoW wOw WoW!

Thanks, Neil!! Yeah, that's my first piece that's been marked that way too!! Very cool!

You keep this up and you'll have to change your name to DiMaggio! As oddcoins pointed out, I've never seen anything identified as "silver."

Thanks, Henry. Mr. DiMaggio's streak is still safe from me. ;D ;D

Super finds there Capt SE. Your the man....

Thanks, 49er!! Appreciate it!! :thumbsup:

Great!!! How DO you do it Huh Superb!

Thanks, HunterInTheSky!! I just put the coil to the ground and swing! ;D :tongue3:

Way to go Dan. The silver ring with the stone is great!! thumbsup Keep the silver streak alive brother!! headbang hello2

Thanks, Rob! I'll give it my best....on to #27!!

the amethyst ring is defiantly sweet..... Unique......

I'm always intrigued by your post's and you seem to have a very good grip on the SE.

I'm also curious, if you don't mind me asking. On average, how many hours a week would you say you have coil to ground...

keep it up Captn!
Joel

Thanks, Joel! I've been detecting about 8 hrs a week for the past few months. Last year it was a lot more.

Dan I love that ring ... thumbsup

STELLAR ~ Nick

Thanks, Nick!! It's a beauty!
Rock On!! :thumbsup:

WTG Dan, really nice Silver Haul for the day. Continued Success and HH.

Thanks, TopDog! Yeah, it was a great day for me, again!!

That is some terrific finds Captn! That ring is great. I love the rosie as well. That one is really in killer shape. I have been cleaning our recent finds from the dirt and will post tomorrow. Not as stellar as yours but our streak is still alive buddy. Keep your streak alive Dan..You cannot be denied my friend! Goodluck on the next 25 or so.....LOL.... thumbsup jgas

Thanks, jgas!! Yeah, the Rosie came out of the ground with a brilliant shine on it. Glad you like the ring. Hey, that's great about your streak. Keep up the good work. I'll be looking for your post!

Cool finds.Well done Dan.

Thanks, Bulgarian. Good luck to you!!

Very cool site. Keep going and HH.

Thanks, IAsoldier!! This site has been very good to me for the past 6 weeks.

Wow!!! Need I say more?

Thanks, dex378. I think you said enough. ;D Let the pics do the talking.

Looks like you are rocking and a rolling on the silver! Congratulations dude! The purple ring is really nice!

Thanks, DF!! Glad you like the ring. It's really cool.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Pipster

Mar 8, 2007
denver
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, vision v3i,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man o man i have never read so many or heard of so many consecutive hunts that return with as much stuff as you get keep up the good diggins keep the coil to the soil can't wait to see the next installment

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Pipster said:
man o man i have never read so many or heard of so many consecutive hunts that return with as much stuff as you get keep up the good diggins keep the coil to the soil can't wait to see the next installment

Thanks, Pipster!! It's been an amazing streak for me!! On to #27!
Good luck to you!! :thumbsup:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great stuff! Rings and things , WOW. Awesome rosie and beautiful mercs.

I've been 3 hunts w/out silver and I'm jonesing for more, your are an inspiration for us all.

Good luck,
HH.

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Code:
Great digs Cap! That Amethyst ring is beautiful - I managed to get a silver and amethyst ring today as well (nowhere near the size of that one though)...

Happy Hunting!

Thanks, DD-777!! Yeah, I just checked out your post. Very cool!!

Great stuff! Rings and things , WOW. Awesome rosie and beautiful mercs.

I've been 3 hunts w/out silver and I'm jonesing for more, your are an inspiration for us all.

Good luck,
HH.

Thanks, BandB1! Get out there and concentrate on those deep signals, and swing from a different direction than you previously did at your sites. I keep going back to the same spot for the past 6 weeks, and it's still producing for me. I have to go slower, and listen to all the same shallow trash signals for those fainter, deeper signals. They keep popping up.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread