Drained lake hunt gives up a 1912 Russian coin...

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked a work colleague to keep an eye on a swim lake a few weeks ago that he passes by every day on the way to work, yesterday he said the lake had been lowered. So I hit it for about 1.5 hours after work. Most of the swim area is exposed and easy digging. Talked to a few fishermen while detecting, explained the usual of what I was looking for, dug a fishing weight and gave it to one of the fishermen, friend for life, LOL! Went to another swim lake and detected for about 30 minutes, total gas rebate of 4 Euros or about $6.00. Went to the field where I found the seal matrix this evening, had a light rain coming down. I got to the middle of the field when it started to down pour. Found nothing at all and got muddy and very wet. I had a good time just getting out though with no regrets. Found this 1912 Russian coin, I think it is Russian, at the first lake. Funny, I took it out and put it on the bumper of my Jeep Suzuki, changed shoes and packed up my gear then drove off. About 2 miles later I remembered the coin, Oh crap! I stopped and checked the bumper, it was still there to my surprise and here it is. Obverse.
23Sep08Rus1912O.jpg

Reverse. HH, Mike
23Sep08Rus1912R.jpg

Upvote 0

fikys

Dec 27, 2006
IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Nice find. It is Bulgarian, not Russian...

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coin Mike, amazing it was still on the bumper!

OP
OP
Bavaria Mike

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the ID help, it is Bulgarian, a place I would love to detect!!! Maybe I will return it, LOL. HH, Mike

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some interesting places to hunt over there..always look for your finds. Nice coin. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread