First Barber dime and Cracker Jack token

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
After a week off from hunting, my SE Pro coil came, so I decided to take it on its maiden voyage. :) Watercolor and I hit a forest preserve, just hunting in the woods near an old parking area. I found a 1919 wheat, a wheat of unknown date (still soaking) and a Cracker Jack token. After a couple of hours, Watercolor was really tired & left, but I wanted to keep playing, so I went to an old camp that we usually hunt together. After digging a couple of pieces of junk, I got a signal by an old swing set that we have hunted around like crazy before. It was a high signal both ways, so I decided to dig it.

When I finally found it in the dirt I had removed from the hole, I thought it might be play money because it was really light, and didn't look like a Rosie or a Merc, which is what I was expecting. So, I put my glasses on ::) & gave it a shot of water. I couldn't believe it when I saw it was a Barber dime - the first one I have ever found. ;D It had been no deeper than 5 inches, but it probably hadn't been found before because the area is really loaded with rusty nails and pulltabs. It sang out because of the new coil, I'm sure. As I was filling & re-plugging, it started raining, so the day's hunt was over. I sure know where I'll be heading back to on my next hunt!

Attachments

• Barber 2.jpg
    Barber 2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 687
  • Cracker Jack 2.jpg
    Cracker Jack 2.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 671
Upvote 0

Bertman

Apr 13, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Minelab E-Trac
Congrats on your 1st Barber... She's a beauty... Hope you find many, many more in that area with your new coil...

HH Robert

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that beautiful first Barber!! 8) Super Cracker Jack token too!! :thumbsup:

Nana :)

OP
OP
kimsdad

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Detector(s) used
DesPlaines_IL_SilverBob said:
You want to trade for the 8 inch ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I didn't think sooooooooooooooo ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good guess, Bob! ;D

BandB1 said:
Wow, nice coin, before I clicked on your post I was expecting something rather worn,
that looks beautiful to me, nice detail!
Thanks BandB1! I'm lucky to get such a nice one as my first.

Bavaria Mike said:
Nice finds, a Barber is still on my list and it is possible to find one here in Germany. HH, Mike
I hope you do get one, Mike. You've got a lot of really cool places to hunt over there for sure!

halfdime said:
That Barber has incredible detail! The Cracker Jack token is a nice find, too.
Thanks, Halfdime!

Colonial Silver Zeus said:
That dime's in beautiful shape.
Thanks, Chris!

TreasurdiggrNY said:
Congrats on your first Barber Dime, it's in great shape too, what a first WTG :thumbsup:
Thanks, Glenn. I appreciate it!

bomber said:
Much appreciated, Bomber!

TimC (AL) said:
Beautiful coin, but I love the CJ token. In many cases tokens can be rarer than silver. Nice job :thumbsup:
Thanks! At first I thought the token was from the '60's. Then I found out that they were issued 1933-1936. makes it much cooler in my mind!.

mastereagle22 said:
Wow what an awesome Barber!
Much appreciated, especially coming from the Master!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion16: CONGRATULATIONS !! :occasion16:

I have found 2 barber dimes so far, I think 3 of those tokens. I hope we find a 100 more.
Oh, that dime is in awesome shape for being an old dug barber.

Keep @ it and HH!!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!! :thumbsup: I see you got the G- DUB cracker jack token. I've seen a few on here before.....even found one myself (Abe Lincoln).....but never saw the G. Washington before. Congrats :icon_sunny:

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Looks like the pro coil is really working out for you! Im getting my pro coil for christmas! :) Happy hunting! :)

OP
OP
kimsdad

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Detector(s) used
Bertman said:
Congrats on your 1st Barber... She's a beauty... Hope you find many, many more in that area with your new coil...
Thanks, Bertman!

rtde3 said:
I love that C.J. token! :thumbsup:
Bowler Man said:
Wow! That Barber is in great shape. Congrats on the finds! Cool Cracker Jack token too! I wonder when that's from. ??? :icon_scratch:
Thanks a lot!

Nana40 said:
Congrats on that beautiful first Barber!! 8) Super Cracker Jack token too!! :thumbsup:
I appreciate it Nana!

MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
:occasion16: CONGRATULATIONS !! :occasion16:
I have found 2 barber dimes so far, I think 3 of those tokens. I hope we find a 100 more.
Oh, that dime is in awesome shape for being an old dug barber.
Thanks MUD(S.W.A.T) - I agree. May there be plenty of CJ tokens & Barber dimes for us all!!

crazyjarhead said:
WTG and sweet barber. I'm looking at getting one of those se's w/pro coils. making me look so
I think you should as soon as you can, especially with the great sites you hunt....

Evolution said:
Nice finds!! :thumbsup: I see you got the G- DUB cracker jack token. I've seen a few on here before.....even found one myself (Abe Lincoln).....but never saw the G. Washington before. Congrats :icon_sunny:
Thanks Evolution!

Detectingfreak said:
Looks like the pro coil is really working out for you! Im getting my pro coil for christmas! :) Happy hunting! :)
I hope Santa comes early for you this year!!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulation's Kimsdad......Great condition as well.I've heard nothing but good about the coil from the SE user's.I'm thinking "pure skill" though :thumbsup: Nice Job!!

nc-joe

Dec 1, 2006
Concord, NC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX and Minelab Explorer SE
Very nice find in great condition! Any silver day is a great day, but a barber makes it that much better. Congrats on your first barber dime :thumbsup:

OP
OP
kimsdad

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Detector(s) used
civilman1 said:
Congratulation's Kimsdad......Great condition as well.I've heard nothing but good about the coil from the SE user's.I'm thinking "pure skill" though :thumbsup: Nice Job!!

Thanks civilman1!! Trust me on this one, my man - skill had nothing to do with it!!!!! Pure luck, for sure! :laughing7:

nc-joe said:
Very nice find in great condition! Any silver day is a great day, but a barber makes it that much better. Congrats on your first barber dime :thumbsup:
Thanks nc-joe!!

extractor said:
Great dig's ! The token is wicked kool !! :thumbsup:
TxCacheHunter said:
Great finds!!! Thanks for sharing the pics!!! Congrats!!!
Thanks guys, Much appreciated!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread