My finds for Wed. 7/27 15 wheats 3 rosies and a merc

D

detector77

Wow, what a day. 15 wheats, 3 silver Roosevelt dimes. and a Merc. the copper looking medallion at the top is a Red Ryder large penny, the back reads " penneys for super value " with the Red Ryder face on the front, and the Red Ryder on horse nack horse reared up on the reverse, a really nice find. The dimes are Rosies 1947, 1952 and 1952. The Merc is a 1940. I now have found 3 Mercs this year, and 6 silver Rosies. My wheat count is 97 since March. The large rectangular lookin object on the bottom appears to be a belt buckle or something of the like, it is obviously copper, with 3 faceted stones embedded in it, it's just cool. The large coin just above it is a 1893 Columbian Exhibition coin from the 1893 Chicago worlds fair, from what i can find on it anyway. All in all a stellar day in my book.
i live in a smaller town in east central Illinois, and just found out after asking a lot of questions that the town allows metal detecting on the boulevards in town, that is the area between the curb and the sidewalk, and it must be virgin groung, I have been hunting them daily now for a couple of weeks and there is just so much there they have to be. I think my best finds in them so far are 2 seated dimes, 1876 & 1887..............WOW
I am a disabled veteran, which does allow me a lot of time for this hobby, and I take advantage of it, I am 52 years old and have been wanting to do this since I was a Kid, I started this year, I hunt with a Whites Spectrum XLT and a Tesoro De Leon, also have a Tesoro Toltec II, and I always use my vibra probe in every hole to avoid damage to the coins. i encourage anyone wanting to do this as a hobby, believe me in time it pays for itself, just keep at it. I know everyone does not have the time and possibly the drive to keep at this hobby the way I do, but that's okay too, just have fun, and FILL YOUR HOLES.....lol.
By count since March I have picked up a total of 3,655 coins so far, believe me that is a lot of pennies in that number, and from my own experience you will probably dig or pick up several hundred clad coins to one or two good solid finds, so research, research, research.....it pays off. Thanks for letting me rant on here, I enjoy everyones stuff too, and gladto be here.

Attachments

• P1010229.JPG
    P1010229.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 333
Upvote 0
F

Floater

Nice Job. A close up of the Red Ryder would be great. Nice huntin. HH ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow 77 ! :o

Sounds like your having a GREAT time! 3655 coins! My goodness that's a lot a diggin!!!!!

Congratulations on all you finds and Welcome to the forum!!

Nana ;)

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Great job, nice finds. I know the thrill of wiping away that dirt and seeing that shimmery glint of silver, your heart almost skips a beat.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
I love days like that. You feal you actually got some treasure to look over when you get home.

Keep up the good work.

HH Jer

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
what an awesome day! does anyone ever give you grief about hunting those little strips between the sidewalk and the road in front of their house? i know it technically is the cities property. Ive always been afraid to hunt it without permission for fear of an irate homeowner freaking out about it! also.......how do you like that spectrum xlt? been eyeing that machine myself lately! great finds, great post!!

OP
OP
D

detector77

Thanks hollow..... as i said the islands here in this town are all open, according to the police, they see me out there all the time, they either will just wave and keep going or come see what i have found, most people have been really nice to me, only one cranky old lady, in all places a tennant in an apartment house, but i just moved on to the next, I make no waves....yes I really like the spectrum xlt, I really feel that for the money it is simply the best, and by all means the most versatile with all the control you have in all detecting situations, i would reccomend getting one if you can, all others you have used will quickly be forgotten, even the weight of the machine works like a fulcrum it is extremely well balanced.
And back to the islands issue, as you can see in the picture just do that " Walter Huston Dance " it'll send em runnin.....lol

Attachments

• walthustondance.JPG
    walthustondance.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 194

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
hahaha i wonder if its the dance or that mini pickaxe that sends em runnin!! ;D

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W T G ! Sounds like you're having a lot of fun ! That's what it's all about." Keep on keeping on !"

Huntin' 59er

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread