Met a Beautiful gal and friends today,she came home with me.

Hardrock

May 25, 2004
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, with sunray probe,Minelab SE,Eureka Gold
Hi All:
Got an urgent phone call a couple days ago from my brother-in-law Scott saying he had secured a couple of great old sites in SE Iowa to detect and needed help. I retired recently and had a little spare time so I had to break down and help out. I got up yesterday morning 05:00 and headed down and arrived about 08:30. We had :coffee2:cahatted abit and headed to site #1 :thumbsup:wow it looked great. Old stone place date of it above main door carved in the stone 1868. We worked about 1 and half hours and found about 2 cents,new to boot. Cleanest yard I have ever worked. We then headed to great site #2. Scott talked with owner and double checked permission,OK to go. We worked another hour or so and checked in,finding some wheaties ,clad,whatzits etc. Keep going was the word. I moved to the front porch area and was working a recently cut out tree and bushes,nothing moving to the outside of the rock edge the Minelab
read 29/03 then 22/15 close to each other about an inch or so, set to pinpoint it was weak on the signal,very weak. I centered and dug to 6" probed with the Sunray probe and it was solid but not strong. Removing more to 8" probed again and stronger. Working futher down removing dirt to 10" on the measured digging tool the probe then sounded off very well. Reaching in and feeling around I felt and edge,clearing away more I finally got ahold of it and removed it,it was a larger coin and cleaning off the dirt revealed a very pretty gal, 1823 capped bust half dollar,yee haw. Now Scott saw me over there and came over thinking that I was having a seizure or something saw what I had and was shocked too. After regaining composure, I probed the hole to hear more and dug dirt out and another gal popped out,1840"O"
seated dime. Holed though,check again,bingo more there. Remove more dirt and another coin,silver,1774 2 reale,geez settle down heart. Check again another silver,holed,so smooth that it is not readable. Wooha nice dig. Now after 36 years of doing this you would think that you could be a little calmer but not to be. Had to break for lunch and settle down a bit. After lunch we hit the spot again. Now it was Scotts turn, he hit a civil war button,gold still on it, artillery.He is researching it to check it out. Then he hits an 1842 seated dime VF to AU no holes or scratches,nice. We then really bore down on it and found more goodies but not as old,an 1874 Brazillian 40P,mercs,silver rosies,and other clad coins. Worked till dark and called it a day. I have no pics of Scotts finds but do of mine.(left the camera home) Enjoy these I sure am. Thanks Hardrock :icon_sunny:

Attachments

• Jill misc.pics 08 022.jpg
    Jill misc.pics 08 022.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 1,909
  • Jill misc.pics 08 023.jpg
    Jill misc.pics 08 023.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 1,896
  • Jill misc.pics 08 024.jpg
    Jill misc.pics 08 024.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 1,897
  • Jill misc.pics 08 027.jpg
    Jill misc.pics 08 027.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 1,891
Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWEET!!  Got a photo of the LC's, IH's and Wheats? That holed one is probably a One Real. It looks like it was not only plugged by also scored for cutting into sharp shins. Cool finds! :)

-Buckles

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Holy cow! That is one beautiful coin. And here I am just wishing I could find a dang walking liberty half. That has got to be one of the most beautiful coins I've ever seen.

Congrats!!!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! Talk about a sweet day!!!!!!! Congrats!!!! :thumbsup:

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wowww, In'blinkin'credible. :o
I reckon it's time the Banner shuffled to include your finds.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful friends with us :thumbsup:

Mike

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a set of great finds. Those old places are great!

BANNER there

SKD

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Awesome finds, congratulations to you, fantastic!! WTG :thumbsup:
Glenn

jsu

Nov 29, 2007
NE Georgia
Detector(s) used
EAGLE II, TIGERSHARK, COMPADRE , MXT
Forget the seizure. I would fall over dead if I pulled a coin like that out of the ground. WTG

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome silver cache, the Half is in real nice condition, a big congrats! HH, Mike

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OOOO! OOOO! OOOO! Me too, ME TOO, I want to find one!!!! Please? Oh great controller of detector finds, I've been picking up a lot of trash lately and covering my holes especially good, using the "flap" instead of digging the plug completely out... Let me find something!

You are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I'm fickle, but you are now my hero! You would hear me in Iowa yelling from Charlotte if I hit finds like that!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HH,
Ramapirate

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: now thats a banner day!!!!!

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Wow! Wow!
What a beautiful half! What a great hunt!
You Da Man! Your brother in law probably mistook the happy dance for a seizure!
Congratulations!
If I pulled a half that gorgeous and that old from a hole I'm not sure I would get to my meds fast enough! And then to find more in the same hole!

Nicely done!
Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread