SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well gang we hit the old house in YS again. It rained a bit last night and we hoped the wet ground would give us some depth. Yep, 1 more inch then bone dry but we decided to give the front yard a careful going over.

I replace my batteries to help, well it may me feel good, and went by the chain link fence surrounding the 2-acre property.

My M6 can be set so that if you keep a constant distance from the fence the discrimination still allows coins without overloading on the fence metal.

It worked . I went around every tree and bush lining the front and side.

The finds:

1- landmark lapel pin
1- AF button probably current
1-silver ring with GR on front
1- 1945 Silver Merc Dime in good shape
1- Silver charm or necklace christmas bulb - small

The ring says Sterling Offical inside- never saw that before. GR on the front so it must be a company or club or something ring. Small barely fits my little finger. It is split in the back or cut to fit any size.

Jeffs Bullseye pinpointer went bad and he spent his time opening it to try to fix it. I think he will modify it for a new and different kind of on-off switch. Jeff is a tinker..er!

The loot:
DCP_1454.jpg

DCP_1456.jpg

DCP_1459.jpg

DCP_1457.jpg

SKD -out

Upvote 0

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Congrats on a nice bunch of finds. If you ever find out what the "GR" stands for I'd love to know. I have one also and cannot find out what they represent. Aloha :thumbsup:

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Nice stuff! :icon_sunny:

Yeah, I doubt the rain did anything other than give you a positive attitude. But most times that's all it takes. :thumbsup:

I replaced the switch I my Bullseye pinpointer at least once. Ended up just mounting one on the front of the enclosure and bringing wires into the connector inside. I like the pinpointer but those switches always seem to fail.

Bob

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Nice finds, that Yellow Springs home has provided you with a very interesting mix of finds. Are you sure that ring doesn't actually say CTR on it? It looks just like the "Choose the Right"(CTR) rings that were worn by Later Day Saints. I've found them before.

Attachments

• CTR ring.jpg
    CTR ring.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 179
OP
OP
SoreKneesDayton

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
daytondigger said:
Nice finds, that Yellow Springs home has provided you with a very interesting mix of finds. Are you sure that ring doesn't actually say CTR on it? It looks just like the "Choose the Right"(CTR) rings that were worn by Later Day Saints. I've found them before.

Very interesting: i think I can almost see the stylized CTR in this ring.
DCP_1462.jpg

Thanks to another DaytonDigger
SKD

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey SKD. , I'm pretty sure from the style of the font on the GR , that your ring is from the 1920"s

Great hunt , it is a good day indeed when you can pull a merc. and a silver ring and all the rest.

Argentium.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread