Found money

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if its IDible as to who owns it -- say a wallet or purse with ID or a "marked "with their name jewelry item * by law in many places to keep it or try to sell it is illegal --- ("knowingly" converting some else's "lost" stuff that you know who's it is --is "theft by convertion"--making their stuff /your stuff * also know by most as "finders keepers")

legally and morally speaking since you "know" who it belongs to you need to return it to them --(reward or no reward * )--hopefully they will have a bit of class and be fiscally able to offer some sort of reward --and if not at the very least say -- thank you and god bless you --in a heart felt way) --- doing the "right thing" is both the legal and morally proper thing to do , and getting a "reward" is just a bonus and is not a "given" for doing right.

now a batch of money in a wallet or purse with no id in it --or a gold ring not marked with id -- well sorry charlie --score 1 for the home team, and if I found a "mob" money cache -- or a dopers cash "stash" or a bag full of "untracible" old used bills that fell of the back of a armored car on the highway ( not a batch of in order "new" bills mind you **since you would be ** busted upon using them most likely )--- I could easily be tempted into thinking that god wants me to be "happy" and thus "gave" this to me. :D :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread