Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

In late December 2008 and early January 2009, Yellowstone National park experienced the second largest earthquake swarm in Yellowstone's recorded seismic history. The swarm under the north end of Yellowstone Lake consisted of 813 earthquakes with magnitudes ranging up to 3.9.

I suspect mother earth is going to give birth this year in more ways than one...

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I've gone on record, not on this site, but to people I know and trust that the big one is gonna hit the mainland USA...BUT not the usual hot spots (CA locales) but more like Montana, Utah, Oklahoma; all possible candidates...as well as MO, IL. I dunno...I just feel it...can't tell ya WHEN it'll happen...but pressure IS building...Haiti didn't help, just shifted or shoved more this way.

Thanks Marc, I'll take a look at the links you provided.

(PS...about architecture...I'd go dome...but then again I do have a weakness for Bucky:) I'm hoping to meet w/ Patrick Horsburgh soon...he and Mr. Buckminster would sit and sketch together, for fun! Man to be a fly on THAT wall...wow!)

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Cappy Z. said:
In late December 2008 and early January 2009, Yellowstone National park experienced the second largest earthquake swarm in Yellowstone's recorded seismic history. The swarm under the north end of Yellowstone Lake consisted of 813 earthquakes with magnitudes ranging up to 3.9.

I suspect mother earth is going to give birth this year in more ways than one...

For just pure fun...I wonder IF there's a connection between solar cycle lulls and inner earth activity?

Oh and let's throw in New moon action as well. I mean why not ...??

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

I think that Midwest geology is connected to the New Madrid Earthquakes of 1811-1812. It's about two hundred years since the big one. It wouldn't surprise me to have some cataclysmic 'whole lot of shaking going on' event occur soon. These next two-three years I believe will produce unprecedented geological changes. The earth is entering some kind of new phase.

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
In the next 2 yrs...earthquakes and shakes, I feel, will not be our main concern.

we're in a solar lull now. I'm not a scientist..but, but, but the 11 yr. sun cycle does peak in 2011-13.
With that in mind...and a rare Venus cycle in june 2012...what about a HUGE solar tsunami hitting earth during that time frame? it happened in 1859. And if a ST hit us with the same magnitude NOW...whoa and wow...let's hope it hits the Southern Hemisphere..meaning it'll have less effect. BUT if it hits us north...and the powers to be don't have the sense to shut down the power grid before the strike....it'll be beyond ugly. way beyond ugly.

I've have correspondence with a nuke engineer who has reassured me that they have the power to cool themsleves, even after 1 1/2 yrs. of NO electric power. HUH

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

vibes said:
In the next 2 yrs...earthquakes and shakes, I feel, will not be our main concern.

we're in a solar lull now. I'm not a scientist..but, but, but the 11 yr. sun cycle does peak in 2011-13.
With that in mind...and a rare Venus cycle in june 2012...what about a HUGE solar tsunami hitting earth during that time frame? it happened in 1859. And if a ST hit us with the same magnitude NOW...whoa and wow...let's hope it hits the Southern Hemisphere..meaning it'll have less effect. BUT if it hits us north...and the powers to be don't have the sense to shut down the power grid before the strike....it'll be beyond ugly. way beyond ugly.

I've have correspondence with a nuke engineer who has reassured me that they have the power to cool themsleves, even after 1 1/2 yrs. of NO electric power. HUH

I CAN'T live without TNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My God! The INHUMANITY of it!!!!

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Cappy Z. said:
vibes said:

I CAN'T live without TNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My God! The INHUMANITY of it!!!!
Well then-- create a solar panel to run your computer:)

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
What's causing the soil shift in San Antonio TX?????
Engineers are trying to determine what is causing the soil to
give way, leaving crevices up to 15 feet deep and 8 feet wide in
one part of the city.

the soil starting shifting on Friday. Engineers estimate the ground has been slipping at the rate of
about 4 inches an hour.

About 80 homes have been evacuated on the northwest side

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
vibes said:
What's causing the soil shift in San Antonio TX?????
Engineers are trying to determine what is causing the soil to
give way, leaving crevices up to 15 feet deep and 8 feet wide in
one part of the city.

the soil starting shifting on Friday. Engineers estimate the ground has been slipping at the rate of
about 4 inches an hour.

About 80 homes have been evacuated on the northwest side

That looks to me like poor engineering of a retaining wall.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6833926.html

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
the way the story rraed from on the newswire made it sound so mystical. Ack, more sensational reporting from the media.

Thanks for sharing the info marc. keeps me on track that not everything is earth shake related.

BUT it will be interesting to see what happens this weekend...full moon on saturday.

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I just looked at the USGS, and for the first time since I have been looking at the site there have been NO earthquakes ANYWHERE in the world in the past hour... not even small ones..... strange!

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Ohhh...I noticed that too!

is it good? bad? I guess only time will tell.

I told a pregnant co-worker she'll probably go into labor this weekend, Saturday...but it could be Friday late night OR even early Sunday morning. her due date is 2/21.

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I don't know what it means... but it was quite a rapid and distinct drop off in seismicity. I read somewhere that a lull in earthquake activity can sometimes be a prelude to a large quake...

This is not what I read, but it is interesting...

http://www.data.scec.org/Module/s2act10.html

"Seismicity increases over its normal rate in a particular area -- that is, you will see more earthquakes per day than usual. The seismicity in that area will then come to a stop, fairly quickly. A lull sets in, with about a month or two of relative seismic "quiet" (low rate of earthquakes). Then, just before the mainshock strikes (1 to 10 days, roughly), seismicity increases suddenly in the center of the area which showed increased seismicity before. A foreshock may precede that mainshock."

and preceding the great San Francisco earthquake of 1906.....

http://articles.sfgate.com/2009-02-...868_1_monograph-earthquakes-san-franciscans/2

"During the latter part of the fall of 1904 and during the winter of 1904-05 and the spring of the latter year, they persisted with remarkable frequency," Blanding wrote. "A lull occurred during the summer of 1905. They commenced again in the fall of the latter year and continued, off and on, until a month or two before April 18, 1906."

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
No, her due date is 2/21.

She sent this to me today:

"had a doctor's appointment today and am 2cm and 60%---getting excited!"

So we'll see what happens.

how are you texastee?

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

The Beep Goes On said:
I predict that the future will unfold.

The future is unfolding faster than most think. The space-time continuum is warping.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread