Kindness is Contaigious

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
I have two young sons (5 & 8) who just love to go "treasure hunting" with me to a local school where they just love to go dig clad. They cherish every coin, even the ones they find at the Supermarket or Gas Stations. Because we metal detect for coins, every coin they find is special and goes into one of several collections that I keep for both of them. We use the money to buy that one toy or spur of the moment thing that one of them just has to have, parents know what I mean!

The three of us stop at a Circle K store Sunday afternoon to get Slushies and while checking out, my 5 year old finds three dimes under a display rack. He goes ballistic! He wants to know if he now has enough money to buy a Rey Mysterio character for his wrestling set. I told him I'd check his "balance" when we got home. On the way to the car, a well kept young man approached us and asked if we had any spare change that we could loan him. He told us he only needed enough money to buy gas to get home. Unfortunately, I seldom have cash or change since I use a debit card for nearly every purchase. I apologized to him and before I could open the door, my 5 year old runs up to the man and says you can have my three dimes! The man declined while giving me a puzzled look and I urged him to take the money. Then, my 8 year old says "Daddy, we can give him the change collection from the car". I couldn't say no, I wasn't even thinking about it. My two boys being generous and understanding?! Oh my, I was overcome buy such a wonderful feeling. It was hard to hold back the tears.

And the best part of the story is that the man actually went to the pump and dispensed $6.18 cents worth of fuel. That's about the amount that I thought my boys had given to him. And the reason why I was curious about the amount of fuel the man received? I pulled in behind him with my debit card. I didn't want to add that part to the story but it's important that it be said because I wouldn't have done it had it not been for my boys unselfishness and caring for another person. It's contagious. Whew, I feel better now.......

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice story and WONDERFUL kids!!! Nice read and it made me smile big!! :)
:headbang: :headbang:

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What your family did was a great thing, not everyone out in the world is trying to scam someone . Sometimes they do need help .
What you did for that man will come back to you many times over !

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumleft: to you and your Kids!! :icon_thumright:

My last helping hand was a few weeks ago when a lady ahead of me in line at the grocery store did not have enough money to pay for a few items she had!! I said here swiped my debit card and payed for her items before she could say anything!!! She thanked me and I told her your welcome !!! As i always say when i help someone out If you ever can afford to help someone who needs it that will repay for what i just did!!! Chug

F

Felinepeachy

Speaks volumes to what an outstanding parent you must be. Well done!!!! :notworthy:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Felinepeachy said:
Speaks volumes to what an outstanding parent you must be. Well done!!!! :notworthy:

fully agree chug and red

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I guess you think like many.. No good deed goes unrewarded... You may not see a return right way, but good karma is sure to follow for both the kids and you :thumbsup:

After reading your post I noticed the $6.18, so I ran to play the state lottery numbers. I played 20 one dollar tickets with 618 straight. Woke up this morning to see the number was 530, so much for my karma :tongue3: :laughing7:

OP
OP

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
spartacus53 said:
Well, I guess you think like many.. No good deed goes unrewarded... You may not see a return right way, but good karma is sure to follow for both the kids and you :thumbsup:

After reading your post I noticed the $6.18, so I ran to play the state lottery numbers. I played 20 one dollar tickets with 618 straight. Woke up this morning to see the number was 530, so much for my karma :tongue3: :laughing7:

LMAO! You didn't miss it by much!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if truely needed -- then may God bless your boys and you for your kindness :angel7:

if it was a scammer >:D --well let God take the money out of his hide with interest >:D :whip2: --count on it -- it seems to me that God does not like folks that scam good god fearing folks-- by making kindness look like weakness.

OP
OP

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
ivan salis said:
if truely needed -- then may God bless your boys and you for your kindness :angel7:

if it was a scammer >:D --well let God take the money out of his hide with interest >:D :whip2: --count on it -- it seems to me that God does not like folks that scam good god fearing folks-- by making kindness look like weakness.

Thank you Ivan, nice words that you have spoken....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread