Friends come along when you need them.........

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There have been many people in my life who were important to me at one time. When either I needed support of some kind or me giving a helping hand. But most of those friendships didn't last. Some friendships just vanished, some moved along at their own speed and some were terminated by mutual hard feelings. It used to bother me that it was me. But now I think not.

Every thing we do in life, every thing we say and maybe what we think has an affect on someone or something. The temporary relationships and friendships happen when they are needed. By one or both of us. And rather than regret the things we hadn't done or said we should appreciate those shared moments. For what they were. Genuine outpourings of well maybe Love is the right word. You know what I mean.

This Valentine's day I will try to remember the many people in my life who, unknowingly, had a real impact on my life. A life lesson. To you all Thank You!

Of course true friends are to be treasured. Happy Valentines Day!
BB

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:dontknow:, maybe you should change the tittle of this post :icon_scratch:

Make it acquaintances instead of friends and it should be fine... A friend is always there, no matter what time, or how far. True friends have a bond...

Everyone else is just an acquaintance :thumbsup:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
spartacus53 said:
:dontknow:, maybe you should change the tittle of this post :icon_scratch:

Make it acquaintances instead of friends and it should be fine... A friend is always there, no matter what time, or how far. True friends have a bond...

Everyone else is just an acquaintance :thumbsup:
:headbang: :hello2: And if you use more than 3 fingers on one hand to count the true ones you are indeed blessed :)

S

stefen

I got 2...see, count them ;D

Attachments

• finger.gif
    finger.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 220
  • finger.gif
    finger.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 215
OP
OP
B

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just emailed my first MD'ing buddy. Haven't seen him in a while and thought of him.
Email bounced. Friend passed away a short time ago. Some people didn't get along with him but I liked him. Did some out-of-state detecting along the Mexican border. Which was interesting. Lots of activity down there near Texas. Fun trip. Windy (he brought a kite), coliche ? dirt is miserable to scratch at. Wonderful food, cheap motels, car trouble you know. A good trip!

Call a friend while you are thinking about them. :)
BS

Austin Powers

Jul 27, 2011
That's a good point Bob; the dead should not be forgotten or dismissed in flippancy.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread