Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Do you smoke cigarettes?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Pirate Captain

Apr 2012
    Arrrrgh.
    5 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Well it's been a week for me. 7 and a half days to be precise.

Not even a single drag of a cigarette. I went back to the e-cig store today to get a few different flavors.
    I still haven't used up the liquid from my initial purchase but I figured that variety would do me good.

I bought a large bottle of watermelon. (it's even a better value in larger bottles...something now like 80 cents to a pack worth)
    and another small bottle of a key lime flavor. (wow...I think I like it more than actual key lime pie...should've got a large bottle of the lime and a small bottle of watermelon...but whatever)

Ranking the flavors: 1. key lime pie, 2. watermelon 3. Bananna, 4. toffee. (as you can tell I like the "candy" type flavors that taste like the artificial candy flavors) Toffee is their best seller though as it is "accurate"
    but everyone has there own taste buds I suppose...I like SWEET.
    My free puzzle/riddle/code website IS ALIVE! http://www.treasuredhunt.com

us
    Dec 2005
    Eugene, Oregon
    Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
    85 times
    Which brand of E cig did you get? I've been looking at the various sites and getting reviews for durability, ease, battery life, etc. and have yet to find an impartial review site. They all look like they've been produced by the manufacturer of that particular e-cig!

us
    Pirate Captain

Apr 2012
    Arrrrgh.
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffro View Post
    Which brand of E cig did you get? I've been looking at the various sites and getting reviews for durability, ease, battery life, etc. and have yet to find an impartial review site. They all look like they've been produced by the manufacturer of that particular e-cig!
    That's true. I went with my friend's recommendation for ultimately that very reason.
    I bought the Joye 510 eGo-T with a drip system. Much better battery life than the units that are exactly cig sized. I bought the starter kit from cignot. They have a store
    about 15 minutes from me but also of course have a large online presense.

The key lime flavor from there is called Jimmy Puffit btw. It's GREAT and one of two flavors that everyone should start with imho.
    (you want two because you want this to be much better than reg cigs...and wide variety of flavor is a "new" feature for us reg cig smokers.)

Dec 2010
    235 times
    pizza and ice cream
    Banner Finds (1)
    All day everyday its no fun

us
    Dec 2011
    Southeast, PA
    Whites
    9 times
    I recently quit using a E-cig. I have used them on and off for the past 5 years. They have come a long way since then. I went from 2 packs a day to 0 since January and havent looked back. I LOVE my Puresmoker Legacy. The drop in KICK module takes it to a whole new level. The vape is intense. Check out a company called Backwoods Brew. Their juice is AMAZING!

us
    Pirate Captain

Apr 2012
    Arrrrgh.
    5 times
    I'm going to get more juice next monday. I have a local store to shop...but maybe I should look online to see if there
    are even greater savings to be had. Hmmm...I'll look at that Backwoods Brew dealie.

There should be a website that reviewed flavors...but truth be told they'd just be corporate shills in about 2 days.

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    115 times
    eating
    I started on cigarettes when I was about 14 and by 20 I was doing cigars. I smoked my last cig ca. 1970 at age 22. The reason I quit was my wife hated it because she watched her grandpa die from the effects of smokes. Every time I lit up she'd get this horrified look so I finally got tired of it and quit.

I haven't had a smoke since but I still have dreams of smoking. I absolutely love cigars but I like living more.
    "Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

us
    Jan 2008
    Villa Rica georgia
    gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
    57 times
    I bought an e-cig at q.t. , one of the cheap $9 models .Don't even remember the name of it , ------------But it tasted like cat $H1t . After twice I threw it away , now I know you are all thinking why twice ? After 1 taste of cat ---- why another ? Because I was trying . And thought surely this was something else or not that bad . But trust me don't try the cheap $9 ones at quick trip. It's not worth it ,and besides every one knows something is wrong when you take a drag ! I do need to try a better model . If they tasted real , or at least not bad - might work.
    no matter where you go,there you are!

us
    Dec 2005
    Eugene, Oregon
    Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
    85 times
    I went with the Cig2O brand. 18 bucks for a basic startup kit or 55 bucks for the one with more stuff. Not bad at all. We've been puffing away for about a week now and smoking regular cigs less and less.

They don't quite taste exactly the same as regular cigs, but man they are close enough to do the trick.

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    816 times
    After reading the start of this thread I went out and bought one . 20 days later it's here on my desk . Tried it 3 different mornings to start my day off 'right'.
    >Then stoked my pipe with real tobacco for fulfillment .

>This product loses my vote .
    Wolfpack forever

us
    Jun 2012
    South Jersey
    Whites IDX Pro
    108 times
    Started at 12-off and on, here and there-smoked 32 years (about a pack a day), quit May 10, 2012 because 1) was tired of coughing my lungs out all the time and 2) boyfriend has really bad asthma. We don't live together but so what, I wasn't smoking all the times when I saw him anyway. Cold turkey, but I still get the urge all the time. My best friend tried those e-cigs, but quickly went back to regular-she said it's just not the same.

If you still smoke that's ok with me, though I do hate people who throw lit cigs out of car windows and empty ashtrays in parking lots.....

Best of luck to those of you who are trying to quit or have recently quit.
    I would rather be the man who bought the Brooklyn Bridge than the man who sold it ~ Will Rogers

us
    Jul 2012
    West Coast Florida
    TESORO Cutlass II ÁMAX , TESORO Sand Shark
    11 times
    I smoke almost a pack a day, I'v been MDing for over 2 weeks now. I haven't had one smoke while metal detecting! (wife likes the new hobby)

us
    Jul 2008
    40 times
    I quit smoking about 5 years ago. I picked up chewing to help stop smoking, biiiiiiiig mistake. For me, chewing was harder to quit than smoking. Tobacco free now.

Sent from my Android using TreasureNet

Aug 2012
    I'm not smoking because it's bad for our health there are still a lot of ways to get rid of stress and problems. Anyways Congrats Buddy

us
    Jul 2012
    PA
    Teknetics T2,Ace250
    5 times
    I use the cig2o with the 7'S (used to be smokers choice #7)menthol e-liquid. I get too stressed out at work and I feel that without it I would have gone back to "analog" cigs long ago. I have had no urge at all to go back to the real deal after 19 years of smoking. I haven't touched a real one in 4 years. Some recent reports that I have read say that doctors that were initially against the e-cigs are now changing their views on them now that more thorough testing has been done. I am using the 0% nicotine e-liquid now and hope to give up the e-cigs eventually too. Right now it is my "crutch" for stressfull days at work so I don't choke an ignorant customer in the shop.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors