Do you smoke cigarettes?

John Silvered

Apr 18, 2012
Arrrrgh.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have for a good twenty years. "Only" a 3/4 a pack a day smoker...but still I've tried to quit like 9 times...unsuccessfully. This is not an ad...I will not be putting links to companies in here. Nor will I mention any particular product names either. You google this topic and I swear that 90% of the talk seems like shill advertising. So at the cost of being ultra specific...atleast you can feel relatively certain that I do not work for or profit by anyone buying any e-cig merch.

Yesterday I bought an e-cig kit and wanted to share my thoughts as it's an important topic for some of us. I think it's revolutionary. It's been 24 hours since I last had a real cigarette and I'm not
experiencing any withdrawls at all. You get the drug that you are specifically addicted to...but none of the tar, smoke, ash or preservatives/additives. It tastes amazing...they have more flavors available than does a Baskin Robbins in regards to ice cream. I bought banana and a toffee flavor. They do make flavors that taste like cigarettes...but really I don't see the point in that as it was never the flavor that made me enjoy a cigarette.
It smells amazing. You can smoke in a car with the windows closed...and it won't bother non-smokers in the same car. It emits vapor...not smoke. It feels very similar to you...even visually...but it disappears in seconds.

THEY ARE CHEAPER. By a lot if you can find a local source of the liquid nicotine that you use in the e-cig. Yes there is a initial startup kit fee...units...chargers...and of course your first liquid purchase...but to buy the equivilent
of 8 packs of cigs and the full startup kit cost me $80. After that? A vial of liquid that equals 4 packs of cigarettes is...$4. Yes that is right...$1 a pack. There is a really large store near me that ONLY sells e-cig stuff. A good friend of mine (for 20 years and also a smoker) turned me on to the idea and the store itself.

A new convert is the most zealous convert...but all the same I felt that I should share.

General FYI...I use a model that is larger than a cigarette as those have poor battery life. I'd say my unit was the size of a small cigar. I also choose a drip method unit for it's better flavor and easy of maintenance.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, your family will thank you down the road..

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I quit a two-pack a day habit in 1986, cold turkey. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I salute you and wish you success! Just take it a day at a time.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember as long as you don't take that first taste of someone else's cigarette or have "just one" you have it beat..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
quit early this year.

Jan. Feb. ?

I Blame Lack of Nicotine for my memory loss

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Congrats and good luck! I don't want anyone to start smoking, I do 2-3 packs a day, but I have a different theory on smoking.

THE MORE I SMOKE, THE LESS TOBACCO IS AVAILABLE FOR THE YOUTH IN AMERICA TOMORROW!

Just my opinion,

Congrats to everyone who has quit, or cut down,
Bill

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been smoke free since I got out of the service in 1974.Hope you guys get off that stuff.Good luck.:leprechaun-hat:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats and good luck! I don't want anyone to start smoking, I do 2-3 packs a day, but I have a different theory on smoking.

THE MORE I SMOKE, THE LESS TOBACCO IS AVAILABLE FOR THE YOUTH IN AMERICA TOMORROW!

Just my opinion,

Congrats to everyone who has quit, or cut down,
Bill

I fear I May start getting more Colds and other bugs now that I quit.
I Still think the things in cigarettes Killed all that bad stuff off before
it could spread through my blood system.
a Pesticide for the human body

Last edited:
S

stefen

Five years ago I stood by my brothers hospital bed holding his hand while he lay there on a respirator dying...

I walked away having never smoked another cirgarette...

We buried him a week later...:BangHead:

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
For about 15 years I smoked a pack a day. Tried to quit several times but always failed. A friend told me about Allen Carr's book "The easy way to quit smoking" which had helped her and her husband. So I read this book and finally managed to quit for good. That was 8 years ago. But it wasn't easy at all.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally don't believe in support groups, books, folders ,
whatever. ever since I decided to quit someone, I'd like to disown as a friend
& acquaintance, so0meone who apparently signed me up for junk mail on quitting.
their trash goes directly from my mail box to
my garbage & from there to the trash burner !
why do i want to read about something I quit ?
send me a carton of Newport, i'll read the warning lables,
while burning the cigs one by one !

Only one way to quit & that is to want to.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

John Silvered

Apr 18, 2012
Arrrrgh.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's been a week for me. 7 and a half days to be precise.

Not even a single drag of a cigarette. I went back to the e-cig store today to get a few different flavors.
I still haven't used up the liquid from my initial purchase but I figured that variety would do me good.

I bought a large bottle of watermelon. (it's even a better value in larger bottles...something now like 80 cents to a pack worth)
and another small bottle of a key lime flavor. (wow...I think I like it more than actual key lime pie...should've got a large bottle of the lime and a small bottle of watermelon...but whatever)

Ranking the flavors: 1. key lime pie, 2. watermelon 3. Bananna, 4. toffee. (as you can tell I like the "candy" type flavors that taste like the artificial candy flavors) Toffee is their best seller though as it is "accurate"
but everyone has there own taste buds I suppose...I like SWEET.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Which brand of E cig did you get? I've been looking at the various sites and getting reviews for durability, ease, battery life, etc. and have yet to find an impartial review site. They all look like they've been produced by the manufacturer of that particular e-cig!

OP
OP
J

John Silvered

Apr 18, 2012
Arrrrgh.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which brand of E cig did you get? I've been looking at the various sites and getting reviews for durability, ease, battery life, etc. and have yet to find an impartial review site. They all look like they've been produced by the manufacturer of that particular e-cig!

That's true. I went with my friend's recommendation for ultimately that very reason.
I bought the Joye 510 eGo-T with a drip system. Much better battery life than the units that are exactly cig sized. I bought the starter kit from cignot. They have a store
about 15 minutes from me but also of course have a large online presense.

The key lime flavor from there is called Jimmy Puffit btw. It's GREAT and one of two flavors that everyone should start with imho.
(you want two because you want this to be much better than reg cigs...and wide variety of flavor is a "new" feature for us reg cig smokers.)

Wickedwrx

Dec 29, 2011
Southeast, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently quit using a E-cig. I have used them on and off for the past 5 years. They have come a long way since then. I went from 2 packs a day to 0 since January and havent looked back. I LOVE my Puresmoker Legacy. The drop in KICK module takes it to a whole new level. The vape is intense. Check out a company called Backwoods Brew. Their juice is AMAZING!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread