Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Medical Marijuana - I'm Not a Druggie!

I have arthritis in my hands and as some of you know, can hurt like heck sometimes. Like when I'm in my workshop. Anyway a friend said a daily application of Hemp Salve would help a lot. A common treatment for her older patients.

Great! I call to check it out and will be required, by law, to get a doctor's exam and Rx. Plus sign and have notarized an affidative for the State toi review. After spending around $90 or so, the State will mail me a MMJ patient card. Good for one whole year. Then renewed as often as I send more money.

So I asked am I on the same database as recreational drug useras who are faking the system? Well sure. NO way around it.

Colorado has voted to repeal the archaic laws to no avail. As long as DC say's it's bad, it is illegal.

I am an olde guy. With many ailments and surgeries. I cannot take Ibuprofen anymore as it is bad for my stomach. Other pain killers, even the Narcotics I can renew, affect my other meds. So I checked out medical marijuana and the only downside is the law. No one ever died from a MMJ overdose. IT is I think a better treatment than all the other narcotic and pain reliefe remidies.

I am not a drug abuser. I do not need my name to be on any govt database whatsoever. None of the damned business!

Pissed off voter. And I vote ev ery election.
BB

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If it works, cool.

The problem IS, too many "druggies" just view the legalization of MEDICAL marijuana as a foot in the door to legalize recreation use, which is all they care about.
Getting high.
And they use that to make it easier to get the drugs from suppliers who also legally supply it, so they can get the equipment to grow their own easier and to just plain legitimize the fact that they are the type of people who are too unevolved to handle their lives WITHOUT the crutch of recreational drug usage.
They are usually the same people who try to say they just love "hemp" (it's do USEFUL) they spout.

Sad actually, but unfortunately the medical LEGITIMATE use and smelly hippies or "gangstas" who view it as a lifestyle are too hard to separate.
They ruin it for those who NEED it for medical reasons.

Last edited:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Sad thing is that it is the same as alcohol prohibition days . Money making winners are federal agencies and the bootleggers . They put the most effort into prohibition because it is extremely profitable for them at the expense of the people .
>Destroy profit margins and allow losers to wallow in their own free ditch weed that they can grow themselves . Why would they go to the effort of robbing someone's house for drug money if they can pick their own for free ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having indulged in pot for over 35 years, (havent touch it for over 7 years due to my job), never once did I or any of my hundreds of friends I have known over those 35+ years ever rob anyone to buy dope.... It is a typical false sterotype used, its like saying all Harley bikers are low life criminals.....

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Having indulged in pot for over 35 years, (havent touch it for over 7 years due to my job), never once did I or any of my hundreds of friends I have known over those 35+ years ever rob anyone to buy dope.... It is a typical false sterotype used, its like saying all Harley bikers are low life criminals.....
You missed my point altogether by being oversensitive .
>POINT IS > GET GOVT & CRIMINALS OUT OF THE EQUASION TO DESTROY PROFIT MOTIVE .

>Then gravity takes hold of humanity . **** sinks to the bottom and cream rises to the top ......................

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Trucking I do understand your point and agree, the government prohibition of pot puts billions of dollars into criminal hands that could be eliminated with the legalization and or decriminalization of pot. It is after all just a plant that grows and requires no processing unlike all other drugs.... The government's war on pot has failed miseribly, wasted tens of billions of dollars and made criminals out of peorple that are not really criminals (average user)....

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Trucking I do understand your point and agree, the government prohibition of pot puts billions of dollars into criminal hands that could be eliminated with the legalization and or decriminalization of pot. It is after all just a plant that grows and requires no processing unlike all other drugs.... The government's war on pot has failed miseribly, wasted tens of billions of dollars and made criminals out of peorple that are not really criminals (average user)....

I absolutely agree.
All I can say is that until we can repeal this law it is AGAINST the law. I try to be a law abiding American. It is not in my character to choose which laws I should break.

I do not indulge but I would agree to stand by you in your quest to control your own life and intake. (And this goes alot further than the subject at hand, I think you should be able get a 5 gallon cola if you want.)

Until we can get it repealed I think it may be a bad idea to break the law, or to admit to it on a huge public forum. It is just one of those instances that shows government overreach.

rocky raccoon

Jan 24, 2012
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
medimj_L.gif I just came across your post and I have RA and I have just started doing my own homeopathic remedies such as in the picture and I have found a few puffs in the AM and PM help alot....They also have synthetic drugs available such as marinol...gov says you have to have cancer to get this one...check out legal pot states on google.....good luck brother :BangHead:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have also found that if you take a box of white raisins also know as golden raisins, put them in a container (cover top with cheese cloth or holes in a cover to keep out any bugs ) and pour gin in till it covers them, leave them out in room temperature. Wait about 5-7 days to allow the alcohol to evaporate and eat a couple teaspoons a day they do amazing wonders for people suffering from any type of inflammation ailments....

I have used this for 6 years now, before my mom passed I had her using them, and I have told friends about it who have arthritis and they have tried them and it worked for them as well.... three are anti-inflammatory compounds in the raisins and juniper and in the gin that helps any inflammation. THIS STUFF WORKS!

You get rid on the inflammation the pain goes away...........

Gin-Soaked Raisins May Alleviate Pain | Fox News

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
I have also found that if you take a box of white raisins also know as golden raisins, put them in a container (cover top with cheese cloth or holes in a cover to keep out any bugs ) and pour gin in till it covers them, leave them out in room temperature. Wait about 5-7 days to allow the alcohol to evaporate and eat a couple teaspoons a day they do amazing wonders for people suffering from any type of inflammation ailments....

I have used this for 6 years now, before my mom passed I had her using them, and I have told friends about it who have arthritis and they have tried them and it worked for them as well.... three are anti-inflammatory compounds in the raisins and juniper and in the gin that helps any inflammation. THIS STUFF WORKS!

You get rid on the inflammation the pain goes away...........

So do you pour the gin out after they have soaked or leave it in and just take the raisins out as needed and do you take all 10 at once?

Gin-Soaked Raisins May Alleviate Pain | Fox News

And I am all for legalizing pot if they did that then I think less people would use it due to the fact it's not illegal anymore so it will take some of the fun out of getting it. I also used to smoke a lot of pot when younger. I don't however believe that the government should get the money it should go back into each community and no reason to be registered that is just stupid and another way for the governement to tag each of us

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for one, am deeply concerned. If it becomes legal do you realize how long a presidential debate would take? :laughing7: Just imagine how detailed those answers could get. And if just one of them cracked a funny it would take a half hour for the laughter in the room to settle down. On the other hand, if it ever becomes legal I have plans to open "Munchie's" fast food drive throughs. :icon_thumright:

Oh, and I almost forgot, I also have plans to open a string of, "Dude's Magic Brownie Shops". I think they would do really well in the malls.

Last edited:

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its a tough issue to wrestle with and both sides have valid arguments Alcohol is legal yet is the most abused drug in the country / world. Amsterdam/the Netherlands is known for their liberal drug and prostitution laws yet have some of the worst drug, etc problems on the continent. And is now backtracking on some of their policies. It is a fallacy and greatly oversimplifying to say if you make everything legal it takes away the desire for the "forbidden fruit". People legitimately question if MJ is sometimes a so called gateway drug to worse substances. Constant/chronic MJ use has unequivocally been proven to cause health and mental problems - and yes I said chronic use, not med or rec use. I often find it funny that many folks who are against cigs have no prob sucking on a joint which is like smoking a bunch of unfiltered cigs. I don't come out on either side but there are some cons along with the pros to point out. I have a feeling this topic will be well discussed for many many years to come.

rocky raccoon

Jan 24, 2012
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

+ Additional Resources
2010 States with Legislation or Ballot Measures to Legalize Medical Marijuana
2011 States with Legislation or Ballot Measures to Legalize Medical Marijuana
Addictiveness of Marijuana
Average Marijuana Potency by Year, 1975-2003
California Attorney General Issues State Guidelines for Medical Marijuana
DEA Judge Rules That Botanist's Bid to Grow Marijuana Is "in the Public Interest"
Drug Rescheduling Criteria
FDA Statement on Smoked Medical Marijuana
Govt. Tests for Toxic Paraquat on US Marijuana Supply According to ProCon.org FOIA Request
Marijuana vs. Marinol - A Side by Side Comparison
Potency of US Govt. Grown Marijuana
2008 Presidential Candidates on Medical Marijuana
2008 Presidential Candidates on Marijuana Raids
2004 Presidential Candidates on Medical Marijuana
Obama on Medical Marijuana Raids
2002 Candidate Poll on Medical Marijuana, Summary
2002 House Poll, States AL-IN
2002 House Poll, States KS-NY
2002 House Poll, States OH-WY
2002 Poll of Governors
2002 Poll of US Senate
AARP Poll on Medical Marijuana
Hinchey Bill - 2004
Hinchey Bill - 2005
Hinchey Bill - 2006
Hinchey Bill - 2007
Raich, v. Ashcroft - U.S. Supreme Court Timeline
Raich v. Gonzalez - 9th Circuit Court Summary
US Attorney General Says Raids on Medical Marijuana Clinics Will Not Continue
US Department of Justice Advises Federal Prosecutors Not to Prosecute Medical Marijuana Patients in Legal States
US Government Seeks Applications to Grow Marijuana for Federal Research
Votes and Polls, 1995-1999
Votes and Polls, 2000-Present
Votes and Polls, National
Votes and Polls, States Alaska - Montana
Votes and Polls, States Nebraska-Wyoming

I am proLast updated on: 2/2/2009 4:00:00 PM PST

Medical Marijuana Home Page > Diseases / Conditions > Arthritis >

Is marijuana an effective treatment for the symptoms of arthritis?

General Reference (not clearly pro or con)

MedlinePlus, the National Library of Medicine's online Medical Encyclopedia, stated as of May 15, 2006:
"Arthritis is inflammation of one or more joints, which results in pain, swelling, and limited movement.
Osteoarthritis is a common type of arthritis characterized by a gradual loss of cartilage from the joints. Although osteoarthritis can affect almost any joint, it most often affects the hands, knees, hips, and spine. Common symptoms include pain, stiffness, some loss of joint motion, and changes in the shape of affected joints.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic autoimmune disease, mainly characterized by inflammation of the lining, or synovium, of the joints. It can lead to long-term joint damage, resulting in chronic pain, loss of function and disability"

May 15, 2006 - MedlinePlus

Is marijuana an effective treatment for the symptoms of arthritis?
PRO (yes)
CON (no)

Rheumatology reported in a Jan. 2006 article titled "Preliminary Assessment of The Efficacy, Tolerability and Safety of A Cannabis-based Medicine (Sativex) in The Treatment of Pain Caused By Rheumatoid Arthritis," by D.R. Blake et al.:
"In comparison with placebo, the CBM [cannabis-based medicine] produced statistically significant improvements in pain on movement, pain at rest, quality of sleep....
In the first ever controlled trial of a CBM in RA [rheumatoid arthritis], a significant analgesic effect was observed and disease activity was significantly suppressed following Sativex treatment."

Jan. 2006 - Rheumatology

The Journal of Neuroimmunology, in their Sep. 2005 article titled "Cannabinoids and the Immune System: Potential For The Treatment of Inflammatory Diseases?" by J. Ludovic and Takashi Yamamura, stated:
"Studies from chronic cannabis smokers have provided much of the evidence for immunomodulatory [modifying or regulating the immune system] effects of cannabis in humans...
Cannabinoids can modulate both the function and secretion of cytokines [regulatory proteins] from immune cells.
Therefore, cannabinoids may be considered for treatment of inflammatory disease."

Sep. 2005 - Journal of Neuroimmunology

Ethan Russo, MD, Senior Medical Advisor at the Cannabinoid Research Institute, stated in a 2005 Americans for Safe Access brochure titled "Arthritis and Medical Marijuana":
"Patients have long told us that cannabis has been helpful to them in the treatment of their arthritic conditions.

Science has now demonstrated that the THC component of cannabis is a very effective analgesic (pain killer), and that the CBD (cannabidiol) component has unique immunomodulatory benefits as an antagonist of tumor necrosis factor-alpha, supporting benefits in treatment of rheumatoid arthritis."

2005 - Ethan Russo, MD

Tod Mikuriya, MD, a psychiatrist and medical coordinator, stated in the 2002 article titled "Medicinal Uses of Cannabis," published on his website:
"Clinical interviews of over 6500 members at cannabis buyers clubs and patients in my office practice lead to this generalization: Many illnesses or conditions present with both inflammation and muscle spasm. Cannabis is both an antispasmodic and anti inflammatory....
Chronic inflammatory conditions like arthritis and lumbosacral disease responds well to cannabis compared with other analgesics.

2002 - Tod Mikuriya, MD

J. Michael Walker, PhD, Professor of Psychology and the Linda and Jack Gill Chair of Neuroscience at the University of Indiana, in the Dec. 2000 issue of Arthritis Today, stated:
"The spinal cord is loaded with cannabinoid receptors. These cannabinoid compounds [from marijuana] apparently reduce swelling from inflammation [a major symptom of arthritis]. But more than that, they kill the pain from inflammation specifically. They work on the peripheral nerves that carry pain from your joint into the spinal cord."

Dec. 2000 - J. Michael Walker, PhD

Americans for Safe Access stated in their 2005 brochure titled "Arthritis and Medical Marijuana":
"Cannabis has a demonstrated ability to improve mobility and reduce morning stiffness and inflammation.

Research has also shown that patients are able to reduce their usage of potentially harmful Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) when using cannabis as an adjunct therapy."

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have nothing against pot, I know it works for athritis, I think the laws on it are wrong, but they are still the law...............

I do know for a fact the raisins and gin I talk about in my post above works, everyone of my friends or relatives that I have told that had problems reported it helped them greatly when they tried it. I keep a container of it in my fridge and I am making another batch as I type. It takes about 5-7 days for the alcohol to evaporate. Wife was having problems with her elbows from working out with weights and from her job as a banquet server, she started taking them and the pain went away..........White raisins and gin is legal, and a lot cheaper then pot..........

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for over 20 years, i would come home from work, smoke a little weed, unwind, sleep all night, and wake up feeling great.

Drug testing at work forced me to quit 6 years ago, and alcohol is a poor replacement. I can't sleep all night, hang overs to deal with, plus alcohol is toxic to the human body.

You can drink enough alcohol at one time to die.......you can smoke pot until you pass out, and wake up the next day feeling great.

I'm quite sure that marijuana is here to help relieve man's physical and mental suffering.

rocky raccoon

Jan 24, 2012
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8-)hey TH that will be somthing I will try, w/ RA i am currently on PREDNISONE & METHETREXATE....With this medication alcohol is not allowed as these meds can mess your liver....as in liver test every month....but without those meds...I go all to !!!! I have even tried the night shade diet....You would be amazed @ the night shade plants we eat....I am only 52 and i have been thru the study groups and 1 gave me another disease that inhibits me from wearing boots ever again....pay close attention when they mention the alergic reaction to drugs....I was a construction superintendent....Thank you for your remedy, I'll talk to doc about it...be well

OP
OP
B

BuffaloBob

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2005
Rocky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold Coil
deteknixXpointer Probe
Minelab Ex-Terra 70
White's Classic II
2014-2015 Colorado Gold Camp Prospector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nov 6th Colorado finally voted a pro-MMJ law. But the Feds say they will still prosecute anyone selling it. All about money and control. Taxes, license fees and fines. I found some recipes for making MMJ ointment or salves so might do that.
!! Please... keep this secret !!
BB

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8-)hey TH that will be somthing I will try, w/ RA i am currently on PREDNISONE & METHETREXATE....With this medication alcohol is not allowed as these meds can mess your liver....as in liver test every month....but without those meds...I go all to !!!! I have even tried the night shade diet....You would be amazed @ the night shade plants we eat....I am only 52 and i have been thru the study groups and 1 gave me another disease that inhibits me from wearing boots ever again....pay close attention when they mention the alergic reaction to drugs....I was a construction superintendent....Thank you for your remedy, I'll talk to doc about it...be well

I am telling you IT WORKS!

Helpfuljosh

May 19, 2014
Amsterdam
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me MJ helps with a lot of things. Just like everything in life it is about balancing the use. Recreational use is just overdosage compared to medical use.
I use marijuana as a medicine once or twice a week. It helps me sleep and clear my mind when I am stressed. And it helps me to see where things that bother me come from so I can do something about it and get rid of stress.
I use sleepcycle (an iphone app) and I leave notes. I have tracked it for some time now. But for me using a bit of Marijuana at night makes me sleep better. I feel more relaxed in the morning and the app backs up this feeling by showing that I slept deeper and less restless.

I just wanted to share this. Interesting about the arthritis. I believe it can be helpful for a lot of deceases.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of all drugs the are "illegal"...
Only one of them is "god made"
It has been used since the beginning of man...
It is the safest drug known to mankind.
----
There are several political reasons why marijuana is and has remained illegal...
There are several entities that do not want it legal simply because it will cost them billions per year in revenue...
#1. Pharmaceutical companies. (funded originally by Eli Lilly) They knew Marijuana was a easily grown backhome remedy used by many in America... they wanted it gone.
#2. Alcohol industry. (Anhieser Busch was first and LARGEST next to Lilly - contributor in rally) They wanted to eliminate any choice in "high" legal in America... and at the same time make themselves look like they were "ok" and the real problem in America was not alcohol... but Marijauna... never mind the fact that 600,000 + people A YEAR die from alcohol. O from Marijuana.
#3. Timber industry... Hirsch stood to gain billions... due to Hemp/Marijuana's SUPERIOR pulp and fiber... Hirsch was the largest timber holder in U.S. at the time.
#4. Cotton industry... They wanted their ONLY fiber competition eliminated. Hemp/Marijuana AGAIN SUPERIOR in fiber and less costly to produce and less costic but had no "old money ties".
#5. DUPONT... Paver of the worlds highways and inventor of a new synthetic oil based petrochemical fiber... Nylon in 1936... one year before Marijuana was made illegal (ironic? I think not)...EVERYTHING IN AMERICA... I REPEAT...EVERYTHING... prior to nylon was made from hemp.
DuPont stood to make millions upon millions its first year of release of the new fiber... By eliminating the only competition... they turned it into billions.

Laws were placed against the most beneficial and useful/versital plant on earth... NO OTHER plant has more beneficial properties than the Hemp/Marijuana plant.
It is more beneficial than cotton... soy... and the Douglas fir... PUT TOGETHER.

The above mentioned help fund a movie entitled "Reefer Madness"...Which was designed to scare the crap out of America... which it successfully did...
All lies and exaggerations.

And for those of you who read this and scoff at these statements... Look it up yourself.
I have only mentioned the first 5... It extends way deeper than this...
It has been the longest running farce in America...

We are being denied an alternative... safe medicine... that is statistically less dangerous than aspirin.
So we are forced to the pharmacy and shell out LUDICRIS amounts of money on drugs that are recalled daily.
We are fed the "hype" while our bodies are riddled with unknown long term effect chemicals.
EVERY major corner in America has a pharmacy...Even the major retailers now have them inside...
PILLS... the largest money making entity in the world next to oil.
And these interested parties will fight legalization of a home made remedy all the way ... tooth and nail.
Remember there are billions at stake... for all of them.

I am sorry I totally took over this thread...

But I have watched this idiocy in America go on for too long...
It started with a friend I knew in school...
He had turrets syndrome...
He could not speak without extreme trouble...
I watched with my own two eyes as he smoked a Marijuana cigarette...
Within 30 seconds after first 2 inhales... he was speaking normally.

After seeing that... I was convinced there is something terribly wrong with the laws on medicinal Marijuana.
PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT !

I could go on and on with this thread...
I have a personal objective to this...
Beings I watched my mother suffer and die of Leukemia and the chemotherapy...
and she never touched a drug or anything in her life...
and she looked at me after a doctor suggested it to her... she told me... I would try marijuana if it were legal.
She never got that chance at a possible better existence.

She said to me... I wish they would keep laws of my body and my problems and life.
They are not in my shoes... but I will not break the law.
So she continued to suffer... till the day she died.

AND THIS... is why I am KNOWLEDGABLE ... AND MAD... at the BS that is long overdue to be shoveled out.

Oh and one more thing...
What a joke trying to "eradicate" a plant that is easily grown... in any back yard... closet... or back room...
America has pissed away TRILLIONS UPON TRILLIONS trying...
and it is cheaper and more abundant now than ever...
After close to 80 years of fighting to get rid of it they are ten times farther from where they started.

Like a dog chasing its tail.
They made Cartels with their laws...
Who I might add... Also do not want to see it legal.

If efforts to eliminate Marijuana were stopped and re-focused on other drugs that are harmful to society as a whole...
they might actually gain some footage.

They have waged a war against a God given beneficial resource... a plant... which common sense tells us... is not right.
And lock up our own people for their choice... and deny the sick and dying of a possible better... easier life... WHICH IS REALLY NOT RIGHT.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread