Medical Marijuana - Im Not a Druggie!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting thread....

Like many, many Vietnam vets, I took a toke or two along the way. Went completely straight years and years ago. Drug testing? Never an issue.

In Vietnam, you could buy cartons of machine rolled and filtered MJ cigarettes, 20 in a pack, 10 packs to a carton, for 500 piasters, or about a buck eighty USD. They were very popular when you were living in mud. And of course that same buck eighty would put you under the covers with a sweetie :)

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good post... enjoyed all of your thoughts and comments btw.

"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance.
It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason
in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes.
A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."
Abraham Lincoln (1809-65), U.S. President.
Speech, 18 Dec. 1840, to Illinois House of Representatives Edit / Delete Edit Post Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's the problem I see with getting the card.... It puts you in a government database as a drug user. Later down the road this could be used against you if you wanted to buy a new firearm. Just something to think about if you do decide to get the card.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have arthritis in my hands and as some of you know, can hurt like heck sometimes. Like when I'm in my workshop. Anyway a friend said a daily application of Hemp Salve would help a lot. A common treatment for her older patients.

Great! I call to check it out and will be required, by law, to get a doctor's exam and Rx. Plus sign and have notarized an affidative for the State toi review. After spending around $90 or so, the State will mail me a MMJ patient card. Good for one whole year. Then renewed as often as I send more money.

So I asked am I on the same database as recreational drug useras who are faking the system? Well sure. NO way around it.

Colorado has voted to repeal the archaic laws to no avail. As long as DC say's it's bad, it is illegal.

I am an olde guy. With many ailments and surgeries. I cannot take Ibuprofen anymore as it is bad for my stomach. Other pain killers, even the Narcotics I can renew, affect my other meds. So I checked out medical marijuana and the only downside is the law. No one ever died from a MMJ overdose. IT is I think a better treatment than all the other narcotic and pain reliefe remidies.

I am not a drug abuser. I do not need my name to be on any govt database whatsoever. None of the damned business!

Pissed off voter. And I vote ev ery election.
BB

I understand your frustration, the Feds are very unreasonable about what We The People of this United States want from our Federal Government, like a little real representation, and less prying into our personal affairs. You are probably already on multiple lists, one more won't hurt. If it would ease the pain, I'd do it. Then I'd be writing letters, and calling my Congressional Representatives and expressing my outrage with all their ridiculous tagging of everybody. Good luck, and hope you can get some relief. Cheers!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No politics please..

Bullet:Mich.

Mar 20, 2003
Michigan USA
Treasure hunter your recipe sounded interesting for pain so I tried it. The only thing I changed was I used shine instead of gin for the alcohol. Just to let you know it works great just the way you said it would.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember the juniper berries in the gin is part of the ingredients needed.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shine is made out of many different grains, fruit and herbs for taste and health now days.
I know, I have enjoyed shine on many occasions... The juniper berries has anti inflammatory properties as does the white raisins...

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I tried the gin, the right kind, and right kind of raisins way back when I read this. Didn't do a friging thing for me. Even though it was illegal, I did get black marketed pot, indica strain which is what you want for inflammationn and sleep, and it was magic. I quit the illegal seeking though and have been living off of over the counter meds again which hammer my liver for sure.

If this is political to say, just edit it out..."Our marijuanna laws are barbaric today." Way too many upsides in so many medical maladies. It is just a plant which God developed. I get mad just thinking about it all.

Hey, take the active high component out. Just leave the anti inflammatory as medicine. Save my liver and stomach.

Anyway, I don't promote the raisins and gin. Never made a single difference here.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried the gin, the right kind, and right kind of raisins way back when I read this. Didn't do a friging thing for me. Even though it was illegal, I did get black marketed pot, indica strain which is what you want for inflammationn and sleep, and it was magic. I quit the illegal seeking though and have been living off of over the counter meds again which hammer my liver for sure.

If this is political to say, just edit it out..."Our marijuanna laws are barbaric today." Way too many upsides in so many medical maladies. It is just a plant which God developed. I get mad just thinking about it all.

Hey, take the active high component out. Just leave the anti inflammatory as medicine. Save my liver and stomach.

Anyway, I don't promote the raisins and gin. Never made a single difference here.
How long did you soak it before you started taking it, needs to to sit and soak at least 10-14 days before you take it...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I for one, am deeply concerned. If it becomes legal do you realize how long a presidential debate would take? :laughing7: Just imagine how detailed those answers could get. And if just one of them cracked a funny it would take a half hour for the laughter in the room to settle down. On the other hand, if it ever becomes legal I have plans to open "Munchie's" fast food drive throughs.

Oh, and I almost forgot, I also have plans to open a string of, "Dude's Magic Brownie Shops". I think they would do really well in the malls.

Oh... just ask Bill Clinton.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have arthritis in my hands and as some of you know, can hurt like heck sometimes. Like when I'm in my workshop. Anyway a friend said a daily application of Hemp Salve would help a lot. A common treatment for her older patients.

Great! I call to check it out and will be required, by law, to get a doctor's exam and Rx. Plus sign and have notarized an affidative for the State toi review. After spending around $90 or so, the State will mail me a MMJ patient card. Good for one whole year. Then renewed as often as I send more money.

So I asked am I on the same database as recreational drug useras who are faking the system? Well sure. NO way around it.

Colorado has voted to repeal the archaic laws to no avail. As long as DC say's it's bad, it is illegal.

I am an olde guy. With many ailments and surgeries. I cannot take Ibuprofen anymore as it is bad for my stomach. Other pain killers, even the Narcotics I can renew, affect my other meds. So I checked out medical marijuana and the only downside is the law. No one ever died from a MMJ overdose. IT is I think a better treatment than all the other narcotic and pain reliefe remidies.

I am not a drug abuser. I do not need my name to be on any govt database whatsoever. None of the damned business!

Pissed off voter. And I vote ev ery election.
BB

IMO your Name is already in "Many" Nat Databases Any Way.
Just read your PO'd " and thought I know many people who can not Vote Cause they Got Caught growing a Plant or 2 or got caught with over an Ounce (Felony) . & Many Should be able to vote IMO.

Hemp Salve?
Seems to me that Hemp , Chronic, Tweeds.
Is usually only effective when taken internally . Could B Wrong.
Heck I Don't Care If U Smoke through a 10 foot Bong, that would have been Cool.

I just saw this after posting about Alcohol.
&
TRUST Me in my 44+ years ,I have the Common Sense to know what the REAL (Legal??) Main DEMON in society is and it ain't POT.

Want to Add , I know someone 50 ish who has Smoked for some 30 years & he/she went to CO this past year & Stated when I asked "So how's the bud out there" They said the same as Here & at the Same Price of $20 a Gram (AVG).
"It's just legal"
Kinda Jones-en to Smoke but Not eat .
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting thread....

Like many, many Vietnam vets, I took a toke or two along the way. Went completely straight years and years ago. Drug testing? Never an issue.

In Vietnam, you could buy cartons of machine rolled and filtered MJ cigarettes, 20 in a pack, 10 packs to a carton, for 500 piasters, or about a buck eighty USD. They were very popular when you were living in mud. And of course that same buck eighty would put you under the covers with a sweetie :)

Great post..
Hmmm A 20 pack of J's or " Me so Horny"?? Maybe Both? lol

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out of all drugs the are "illegal"...
Only one of them is "god made"
It has been used since the beginning of man...
It is the safest drug known to mankind.
----
There are several political reasons why marijuana is and has remained illegal...
There are several entities that do not want it legal simply because it will cost them billions per year in revenue...
#1. Pharmaceutical companies. (funded originally by Eli Lilly) They knew Marijuana was a easily grown backhome remedy used by many in America... they wanted it gone.
#2. Alcohol industry. (Anhieser Busch was first and LARGEST next to Lilly - contributor in rally) They wanted to eliminate any choice in "high" legal in America... and at the same time make themselves look like they were "ok" and the real problem in America was not alcohol... but Marijauna... never mind the fact that 600,000 + people A YEAR die from alcohol. O from Marijuana.
#3. Timber industry... Hirsch stood to gain billions... due to Hemp/Marijuana's SUPERIOR pulp and fiber... Hirsch was the largest timber holder in U.S. at the time.
#4. Cotton industry... They wanted their ONLY fiber competition eliminated. Hemp/Marijuana AGAIN SUPERIOR in fiber and less costly to produce and less costic but had no "old money ties".
#5. DUPONT... Paver of the worlds highways and inventor of a new synthetic oil based petrochemical fiber... Nylon in 1936... one year before Marijuana was made illegal (ironic? I think not)...EVERYTHING IN AMERICA... I REPEAT...EVERYTHING... prior to nylon was made from hemp.
DuPont stood to make millions upon millions its first year of release of the new fiber... By eliminating the only competition... they turned it into billions.

Laws were placed against the most beneficial and useful/versital plant on earth... NO OTHER plant has more beneficial properties than the Hemp/Marijuana plant.
It is more beneficial than cotton... soy... and the Douglas fir... PUT TOGETHER.

The above mentioned help fund a movie entitled "Reefer Madness"...Which was designed to scare the crap out of America... which it successfully did...
All lies and exaggerations.

And for those of you who read this and scoff at these statements... Look it up yourself.
I have only mentioned the first 5... It extends way deeper than this...
It has been the longest running farce in America...

We are being denied an alternative... safe medicine... that is statistically less dangerous than aspirin.
So we are forced to the pharmacy and shell out LUDICRIS amounts of money on drugs that are recalled daily.
We are fed the "hype" while our bodies are riddled with unknown long term effect chemicals.
EVERY major corner in America has a pharmacy...Even the major retailers now have them inside...
PILLS... the largest money making entity in the world next to oil.
And these interested parties will fight legalization of a home made remedy all the way ... tooth and nail.
Remember there are billions at stake... for all of them.

I am sorry I totally took over this thread...

But I have watched this idiocy in America go on for too long...
It started with a friend I knew in school...
He had turrets syndrome...
He could not speak without extreme trouble...
I watched with my own two eyes as he smoked a Marijuana cigarette...
Within 30 seconds after first 2 inhales... he was speaking normally.

After seeing that... I was convinced there is something terribly wrong with the laws on medicinal Marijuana.
PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT !

I could go on and on with this thread...
I have a personal objective to this...
Beings I watched my mother suffer and die of Leukemia and the chemotherapy...
and she never touched a drug or anything in her life...
and she looked at me after a doctor suggested it to her... she told me... I would try marijuana if it were legal.
She never got that chance at a possible better existence.

She said to me... I wish they would keep laws of my body and my problems and life.
They are not in my shoes... but I will not break the law.
So she continued to suffer... till the day she died.

AND THIS... is why I am KNOWLEDGABLE ... AND MAD... at the BS that is long overdue to be shoveled out.

Oh and one more thing...
What a joke trying to "eradicate" a plant that is easily grown... in any back yard... closet... or back room...
America has pissed away TRILLIONS UPON TRILLIONS trying...
and it is cheaper and more abundant now than ever...
After close to 80 years of fighting to get rid of it they are ten times farther from where they started.

Like a dog chasing its tail.
They made Cartels with their laws...
Who I might add... Also do not want to see it legal.

If efforts to eliminate Marijuana were stopped and re-focused on other drugs that are harmful to society as a whole...
they might actually gain some footage.

They have waged a war against a God given beneficial resource... a plant... which common sense tells us... is not right.
And lock up our own people for their choice... and deny the sick and dying of a possible better... easier life... WHICH IS REALLY NOT RIGHT.

IMO..
Oh so true..My friend.
Sorry about your Mom.
Reading this brought back some memories of my Mom's last Few months on Earth.
This time of year in 2001. She was nearing the End of her Way too Short Life, 'Was called Home a 50 '
Anyway we were just chillin in the living room ,I was a everyday Smoker back then , she was not much on eating so I said
Hey Mama why don't you hit the Bong , Well We did , had a Few Laughs & both got the Munchies.

A cool memory.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread