OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well my brother once said to a judge who was going to give him "probation" that included a clause that he had to attend so many AA meetings -- AA is for Quitters and I'm no quitter , I am a grown adult and I going to drink till the day I die ...if I am out of jail --and since I have to pay a monthly fee for probation to be out you might as well just gimme my time I gotta serve with no probation attached cuz I do not want to pay to be free ...I am hard headed that way he said --the judge said well if that's the way you want to be..and gave him "his time to serve"...true story

AA members understand "support groups" --drunks often band together --so that when one is broke another can give him some booze --drinking buddies are very very common --so are several drunks living together to attempt tp keep a roof over their head (many come from disfunctional families --where the mom is often a queen bee type and her children have low wage jobs or are on welfare and they all chip in a bit to keep a roof over their heads )

humor often comes from bleak dark places --some of the greatest humorist --had sad lives and died tragically

my dad told me 2 great things #1 never pick up a habit you can't put down #2 your brain is for thinking , your heart is for feeling --yes have a heart but leave the thinking to your brain

Your Brother made a decent choice IMO (depending on family / Job situations ) I've seen judges give 100 AA meetings in 100 days before on top of a Drug & Alcohol eval, that 95% of the time will give a person 10-40+ more $20 (now likely $30 ) meetings to go to.
It's much cheaper to do the time, probation wants people there anyway.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
that's the whole problem with alcoholics.they think as long as they work and make money everything is good.wrong imbeciles.that all comes crashing down soon.as all alcoholics find out.and no,you don't get or deserve a coin just because you haven't drank.that just means your a dry drunk.you need to be in and work the program and earn that coin.you ******s shouldn't even be discussing this issue anyway.this is for treasure hunting.not some self conscious ****** looking for an easy answer to his problems.

Don't know the first thing about ya, but ya do sound awful angry over :dontknow: ???
If so, why take it out on the other members just sharing their stories?

FWIW, this thread is in the "Everything Else" category, meaning this forum
isn't all about treasure hunting

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same with half way houses. It's all about the money.

Don't care much for AA. They're all just a bunch of quitters.

Whoa!!! Slow down! I'm just joking!! It's just a joke.....

Back in the day 15 years ??? Hmmm it's good when you can't remember.
I quickly realized 'AA' was Anonymous so I could just get a list of local meetings & their titles & have my drinking & other buddies sign my paper saying I was at such & such meeting.

Guess that's where the 'Eval & paid meetings started', also when you force someone to quit it usually don't end up well.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know the first thing about ya, but ya do sound awful angry over :dontknow: ???
If so, why take it out on the other members just sharing their stories?

FWIW, this thread is in the "Everything Else" category, meaning this forum
isn't all about treasure hunting

His first post got deleted back in 2016 , never got to read it , I look forward to reading his/her / Both ? Most recent posts.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's the whole problem with alcoholics.they think as long as they work and make money everything is good.wrong imbeciles.that all comes crashing down soon.as all alcoholics find out.and no,you don't get or deserve a coin just because you haven't drank.that just means your a dry drunk.you need to be in and work the program and earn that coin.you ******s shouldn't even be discussing this issue anyway.this is for treasure hunting.not some self conscious ****** looking for an easy answer to his problems.

Actually it was under the 'Today' s Thought' was not asking about Treasure .
Or

If your in a fix for a drink should you drink those 300+ year old bottles of Wine you found on yr Ship-wreck?

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had nothing to do with aa its all in how much you want to stop and have a better life.unfortunately most would wrather keep the misery of drinking until they die or kill someone else.aa isn't a magic wand.

I can tell you never got the gist of my question , mail me that chip on yr shoulder as I did not get one last year.

OK Good buddy cause you know I love ya.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread