Our hobby on levels perplexing.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"How do I become one who makes a life of leisure and wealth when I have the resources of a pauper and the support of a toothpick and the intelligence of a root; and how do I stand when five people push or seven or fourteen hold me down? And when the seven forfeit their rights, will the five give way prompting the fourteen to have mercy, and will they reach down and take my hand, or push each other in the same manner?

How do I sleep when eyes of lust and the breath of fear consume me; and why do I feed the hunger knowing full well the frenzy will not end? I go when I have nowhere to be and nothing to do. I stay because I’m forced, forced by an addiction, my tainted needle, my love on levels perplexing."

Things that make you go hmmmm…I wrote this passage a few years ago when I was in school. For some reason I feel these paragraphs apply to us all at different times of our lives for different reasons.

Read it again, think about it and know that no matter how different we think we are, we are in fact the same.

How do these two paragraphs apply to our hobby? I would love to hear your thoughts.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Drinking and posting, yeah, been there done that. :occasion14:

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or just plain boredom.:laughing7:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
What you wrote are a series of questions. Have you found answers? I can’t see how it can be related to our hobby. Perhaps others can.

OP
OP
Ammoman

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or just plain boredom.:laughing7:

Yes Escape, its a series of questions but they are more than just questions. Its a writing trope that asks questions where answers are not required. For many of us, metal detecting is more than just a hobby. Its our vice, our tainted needle. We go detecting when we have no place to go. We love detecting on levels perplexing to ourselves and others as well.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread