9th Infantry Regiment ...

buckshot

Mar 31, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Hey all, Naturegirl and i was mding in the my backyard today and dug this 9th Infantry Regiment badge/pin. It's a screwback. Maybe dates from the 1920s or 30s? This particular regiment has had a long military history and record of service. If anyone can add more info. Please feel free to do so.
The badge is 1"wide x 1"1/16th height. It is a dragon design with the number 9 and "Keep Up the Fire" motto.

Attachments

• 9th infantry reg 009.JPG
    9th infantry reg 009.JPG
    292.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 9th infantry reg 007.JPG
    9th infantry reg 007.JPG
    315.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Upvote 1

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
buckshot

buckshot

Mar 31, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Thanks all, for looking... It is an interesting find for me! Now i get to play "History Detective". I have found quite alot of info on the 9th Infantry Regiment online. It is a U.S. MILITARY badge/pin likely for hat/cap or uniform. The motto"Keep Up the Fire" and the Dragon motif have their origins in U.S. involvement in China during the "Boxer Rebellion" around 1889-1900.
buckshot

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a fun and interesting find, Buckshot! Just makes you want to uncover more and more in your yard, huh?
I think that's what I like the most when I find something in my parents yard----looking for the history of the object and wondering about who lost it.
Can't wait to see what else you and Lisa uncover!!

Carmon~~

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
It was fun to help find it. There IS alot of junk in that yard, but then something fun like this pops out!

OP
OP
buckshot

buckshot

Mar 31, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
What a fun and interesting find, Buckshot! Just makes you want to uncover more and more in your yard, huh?
I think that's what I like the most when I find something in my parents yard----looking for the history of the object and wondering about who lost it.
Can't wait to see what else you and Lisa uncover!!

Carmon~~

Hey Carmon, As you allready know the history of our area is very interesting for sure and a person just never knows what intriguing artfact is going to surface. That's what keeps me listening for the "BEEP"!

buckshot

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. When I was in the Army that was called a Unit Crest. Glad you are having a great time being a History Detective. The 9th Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Division has a lot of great history behind it.

Last edited:

Threshold

Mar 3, 2012
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garret Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
awesome find, very unique I like the design as well :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread