My best token (lumber scrip)

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
I am always hoping to find tokens when I go detecting. I get more excited by a nice old token than most common silver. I was metal detecting an old farm house near Dayton, OH on a regular basis. I found some nice merchant tokens there. Then one day I dug up three alluminum tokens from the Milltown Lumber Company. The mill was in Georgia but it was owned by the Barney and Smith company here in Dayton. They made wooden railway cars. The tokens were all three good for 1.00 and were unlisted. They suffered from alluminum rot, but I traded two of them to a big time token collector and I felt I made out quite nicely. They are the only tokens I've ever let go. Milltown Lumber Co./good only/in the/hands of/employees/-at-/company's/store/Milltown. GA. Thanks for looking
Picture1.png

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one,and not bad shape for composition! I know what you mean I love finding tokens.

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions