Need info on token sites

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both if I can Thanks

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No just trying to find a site on Missouri Valley Iowa trade tokens I think there scarce or hard to find. Only two I know of is what dogcaught found ( Wrights Place/ good for 2-1/2 cent in trade/ Mo Valley IA) and one is at a coin shop for 45 buck and its a mosanic token One penny dated 1876. Thanks

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A TOKEN THAT DOGCAUGHT FOUND ITS UNDER (TEARING IT UP WITH IASOILDIER) ON NOV,2 THANKS FOR YOUR HELP :) :thumbsup:

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Ferguson's Iowa Trade Tokens book lists 16 issuing businesses with a total of 35 varieties from the town of Missouri Valley, IA. And that was in 1984. There is a new IA catalog in the works, I understand.
John in ID

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Idaho can you tell me what business they where and yrs if possible please. Thanks all for your help.

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
From Ferguson's IA Trade Tokens (he gives no dates, but some research in old directories, newspapers, etc. might turn up information):

Anderson & Smith Smoke House
W. D. Bird Groceries & Ladies Furnishings
Blue Goose Night Club
W. E. Bowen Billiards, Drinks, Cigars
E. H. Gibson Smoke House
Holly Cafe
Knights of Columbus
Legion Service Club
F. W. McDermott Smoke House
Midway Billiard Parlors
A. A. Myres
Peel & (?) Bakers & Grocers
The Peoples Store
Ryan & Varnes Smoke House
Soda Grill
Wright's Place

John in ID

OP
OP
IAsoldier

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thank you so much on the info John its helpful. Later Terry.

ink-a-alot

Dec 14, 2008
East Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IAsoldier said:
I have some old good luck tokens that have a swastika on the front and back., and on the front it has the all seeing eye on it.. wander what year it was made??

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
ink-a-alot said:
IAsoldier said:
I have some old good luck tokens that have a swastika on the front and back., and on the front it has the all seeing eye on it.. wander what year it was made??

before 1941 for sure. most were issued in the depression. siegfried schlagrule

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ink-a-alot said:
just-geese said:
close mine have a buda and the othere has an eye with rays goin to a hourse shoe and wish bone clover,ext.
Although you have got info.from very knowledgible members,i just thought i'd add this(pics)&that the swastika token was a very common die used by many many CO.'S i have one from 1910/advertising on obverse.&since we are on the subject(value&I.D.)just-geese NAILED it,a token/coin,ANYTHING for resale is what someone is willing to pay(i'm willing to pay up to$500.00 for certain erie,pa.tokens!)Good luk&HH!

Attachments

• Picture 061.jpg
    Picture 061.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 260
  • Picture 062.jpg
    Picture 062.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 261

ink-a-alot

Dec 14, 2008
East Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tokenhead said:
ink-a-alot said:
just-geese said:
close mine have a buda and the othere has an eye with rays goin to a hourse shoe and wish bone clover,ext.
Although you have got info.from very knowledgible members,i just thought i'd add this(pics)&that the swastika token was a very common die used by many many CO.'S i have one from 1910/advertising on obverse.&since we are on the subject(value&I.D.)just-geese NAILED it,a token/coin,ANYTHING for resale is what someone is willing to pay(i'm willing to pay up to$500.00 for certain erie,pa.tokens!)Good luk&HH!
wow mine might be rare cuzz i cant find them on the net..

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ink-a-alot said:
tokenhead said:
ink-a-alot said:
just-geese said:
wow mine might be rare cuzz i cant find them on the net..
Could very well be! mine is valued(realized price)at $95.00&its from 1910 but an advertising peice,MAKES a difference! good luck&HH

ink-a-alot

Dec 14, 2008
East Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just-geese said:
Cannot find the Budda token tho I believe I have seen one, Does the back of it look like this one with the eye?
thats the one how much u reckin its worth?

ink-a-alot

Dec 14, 2008
East Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread