Ft Leavenworth Token

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
I've never been one to care how much things are worth, because everything I find goes into my collection.
When I had by business I use to have my finds out on display and was asked several times what this is worth, so I thought I would check it out. Any of you token folks know? :)

This was found in an area in KY where there have been Washington Inaugural buttons, 1812 stuff, CW stuff, coal company script and everything up to the present time. No telling why this was here other than it was busy place for a small town. :icon_scratch:

Thanks for any info you can provide.

wildrider

Attachments

• ftlvwth25token.jpg
    ftlvwth25token.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 211

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Paul Cunningham's book, Military Tokens of the United States catalogs this one as #KS270b and shows an estimated value of $150.
John in ID

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
idahotokens said:
Paul Cunningham's book, Military Tokens of the United States catalogs this one as #KS270b and shows an estimated value of $150.
John in ID
Cunningham(s)book is great! but you said it all,"estimated value"...all token books/guide are just that!(reference&GUIDES)in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM am i disputing,inentionally disrespecting,etc by Quoting a reply to this topic, i've seen your posts&you are VERY knowledgable in the token arena :icon_study:&i respect that,just posting to show the wide range of value of tokens(its worth what someone is willing to pay!)i sold a military token that booked at $25.00 for$93.00(Fort benning canteen)thanks all! NO DISRESPECT TO ANYBODY!!! This token(ft.leavenworth)appears to be early&may be worth alot more!(of prison token intrest also)Very cool token!!!

Attachments

• 2 1281.jpg
    2 1281.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 194
  • 2 1282.jpg
    2 1282.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 192
OP
OP
wildrider

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
I know you were speaking to Idaho tokens and I know you are right. Anything is worth what someone else will pay for it.

That's why I don't try to set values on my stuff, it's generally things that I think are pretty cool since they didn't cost me much besides time and gas.

When it comes to relics, my motto is if I don't dig it, I wont buy it. Too easy to make good quality fake stuff these days.

Thanks for your reply!

Burt

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wildrider said:
I know you were speaking to Idaho tokens and I know you are right. Anything is worth what someone else will pay for it.

That's why I don't try to set values on my stuff, it's generally things that I think are pretty cool since they didn't cost me much besides time and gas.

When it comes to relics, my motto is if I don't dig it, I wont buy it. Too easy to make good quality fake stuff these days.

Thanks for your reply!

Burt
Thank You!,I really like"dug items" more character! my motto?(not that you asked)is i buy what i like&what i can afford&if i M.D. something i KEEP it!
Darrin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread