A little INFO. on these tokens please!

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everybody!!!...I picked these(NON-DUG)tokens up the other day from a local coin dealer who had 1 book of tokens&related,nothing real good&nothing real old(except for cut political token in pics.)but i found these worth the $$$ and i was given a discount!,anyway i would like to see a picture of an Arizona State Tax Commision token as one shown in pictures for comparison.most sale tax tokens weither paper,plactic or metal has holes in middle,this one appears to have been SHOT through,so i'd like to know if the copper Arizona tax token had a hole in it?,the "token" that really cant be seen(except back)appears to have been attached to something(lighter,box,etc.)at one time.it shows two(3?)men in a columbus era sailing ship w/the words"INTEMPE STATE SEGURITAS,w/the U looking like a V,any ideas on what it means? Left from right top-military token,a nice older german beer token,a cut down political token(reverse has info.no name date-1837-41)bottom,the one w/ship&men on it,the AZ.tax token,and a fake $10.00 gold peice(has T counterstamped on back, the faker?) that someone crimped edge of token giving it a "sawtooth" look almost.Anybody have any ideas? THANK'S ALL FOR LOOKING&HH to all!,THANKS!!!

Attachments

• Picture 1122.jpg
    Picture 1122.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 267
  • Picture 1123.jpg
    Picture 1123.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 260
  • Picture 1124.jpg
    Picture 1124.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 258
  • Picture 1125.jpg
    Picture 1125.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 258
OP
OP
tokenhead

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mackaydon said:
INTEMPE STATE SEGURITAS means 'safety in the storm'.
http://www.numismatikforum.de/ftopic21868.html
Thank's for the info./leads...the gold coin copy at the one link is EXACTLY the saw except i say sawtooth&they say reeded! thank's Mackaydon :thumbsup:,and know what the other says&being an "old salt" myself i'm very happy. HH ALL!!! and thanks!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The image on your token entitled "1837-1841" is probably President Martin Van Buren, whose term was the same years. The token itself resembles one given out by the Shell Oil Co. in the late 60s. Certain presidential tokens were "Instant Winners" of cash--like $5.
Don.......

OP
OP
tokenhead

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mackaydon said:
The image on your token entitled "1837-1841" is probably President Martin Van Buren, whose term was the same years. The token itself resembles one given out by the Shell Oil Co. in the late 60s. Certain presidential tokens were "Instant Winners" of cash--like $5.
Don.......
ya it does resemble the ones given by Shell Oil Co.but it is not(well i'm almost sure!) one...as a child(early 60's) my dad would get these "tokens" for me.i still have some of the presidents&all the cars(antique)that Texaco had given out,still in the folder.this one is a little bit better quality&is seen in(uncut) Alpert&Elman's book on "Tokens&Medals" but being "cut" its hard to tell,but isn't a big concern...The military token that you added a link(a couple links!!!)is just like mine but i will have to translate.i need to know the unit that issued token as their DUI is on front,the flamming sword,easy to I.D. i just have not looked yet.Bottom line? THANK YOU so much for your help&input! it is greatly appreciated! TN is the BEST site around! :thumbsup:, :icon_study:,HH ALL&Thank You!!!

OP
OP
tokenhead

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mackaydon said:
INTEMPE STATE SEGURITAS means 'safety in the storm'.
http://www.numismatikforum.de/ftopic21868.html
Again Thank-You for all your help!!! this token-"safety in the storm" is blank on reverse,but as i look it appears to have a third person in ship that looks bent over&"sunrays" comming from head!!! meaning???...HH ALL!!!

Attachments

• Picture 1126.jpg
    Picture 1126.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 221

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The third person is Christ. The rays can be considered His 'halo'. The depiction is sometimes called "Christ asleep upon the Sea of Galiee"- Another example of the same scene is shown here (as Lot # 2615):
http://www.coinarchives.com/w/lotviewer.php?LotID=573484&AucID=419&Lot=2615

The scene is a depiction from the Bible:
"8:23 And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him. 8:24 And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep. 8:25 And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish.
8:26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?

Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

8:27 But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!" (Matthew 8:23-27 KJV)

OP
OP
tokenhead

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mackaydon said:
The third person is Christ. The rays can be considered His 'halo'. The depiction is sometimes called "Christ asleep upon the Sea of Galiee"- Another example of the same scene is shown here (as Lot # 2615):
http://www.coinarchives.com/w/lotviewer.php?LotID=573484&AucID=419&Lot=2615

The scene is a depiction from the Bible:
"8:23 And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him. 8:24 And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep. 8:25 And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish.
8:26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?

Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.

8:27 But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!" (Matthew 8:23-27 KJV)
Very cool thank you so much for your info.&KNOWLEDGE!!!,THANK'S!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions