• good for token.JPG
    good for token.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 247

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Super find! With tokens, no matter the condition, if you have the only one known, that is the best there is! I checked with the OH cataloguer and this one had not been reported to him before. Not that there couldn't be others out there, but there are quite a few OH token collectors looking and this business has eluded them so far. Is this 21mm in diameter - the size of a nickel?
John in ID

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any idea at all on possible value? I have someone who really would like it for their collection, and am interested in possibly trading it to them but have not decided yet

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! I can never get my searchcoil over a saloon token. All of mine are mavericks, cigar stores, soap tokens, or generic "good-for's."

Well done! :thumbsup:

elliewoo

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2008
Your token has the magic word "saloon" on it (barely). That is a really good thing. Also it being a previously unknown Ohio token is also a really good thing. Two things are really bad things.....1. condition and the state it is from. Ohio tokens in general to not bring big prices and serious saloon token collectors could be scared off by the condition it is in.

How much do the bad things take away from the good as far as what it is worth? That is a good question and I don't think I can answer that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions