18.9 KB · Views: 117
  • skating rink tag 001.jpg
    skating rink tag 001.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 124

intimer

Jan 15, 2009
east tennessee
you got the #49 bin!

smelly shoes is what i think of. they were usually wire baskets to hold what ever-in this case surely shoes. time frame should be able to be determined locally.

mike

OP
OP
nova

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That seems like alot of trouble to have all that info stamped on the bin tag. The State and the City
just for a shoe bin. That's most likely what it is though.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nova said:
That seems like alot of trouble to have all that info stamped on the bin tag. The State and the City
just for a shoe bin. That's most likely what it is though.
Maybe sort of like when you put your shoes in a locker or bin, the attendant gave you that as a "Claim check". Having the state and all listed seems inane: that means you would have to leave with the highly fashionable roller skates on! :laughing7:
Scott

OP
OP
nova

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Classic Skating was located on Riverdale Road, in Riverdale Ut. I used to go there when I was a kid.
I do not remember such tags they used to ink your hand. Any how I have narrowed it down to a locker tag where if you had a locker you would show the attendant your claim tag and be able to retrieve your personal items. Now the hard part! I am trying to date the tag. The closet I got was Utahna Skating in Ogden. I found this in the Utah Digital Newspapers Standard Examiner 1906. I appreciate everyones help if anyone else comes across something please post. Thanks again to all.
Dave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread