Grover Cleveland Presidential token

Adebrabant

Dec 1, 2005
The other day while my husband was helping go through his recently departed grandmother's things, he found a Grover Cleveland Presidential token/medal. I have done some research on it, but have come up with nothing. I am hoping someone at your forum can help me. On the front side, it is a bust of Grover Cleveland facing to the right. Above his bust along the rim, it says: 22nd and 24th President USA. Under that, yet still above his bust it has the dates: 1885-1889, 1893-1897. Below his bust along the bottom rim it says: "Grover Cleveland". On the reverse side along the top rim, it says: "Old Grover". Along the bottom rim, it says: "Man of Destiny". In the entire center, there is a brief history about him which reads: "Mayor of Buffalo, Governor of New York, Favored Tariff induction, Expanded Civil Service, Showed Keen tact in his foreign policy". It is slightly larger than a quarter and made of copper or bronze. I have read of these tokens that Amoco and Shell gave out, but this has no mark of Shell on it, which I am told those did. I just wonder if it is worth anything. Please post if you know any information. Thanks so much for your help! He found it in a coin purse by itself, so she must have thought it had some value!

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Not all of the service station medals are marked with the station brand. Shell is the only one that I can think of right off that did. Many of the pieces were made by the Franklin Mint and have a small FM logo or "mintmark" on them. John in ID

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread