EVERYBODY HAS HEARD OF PODUNK BUT WHERE IS IT ???

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Sorry I don't have the ability or knowledge to post photos but here are three I have that need locations .....
PODUNK // GOOD FOR / 5C / IN / MERCHANDISE, ALUMINUM, NICKEL SIZE
W.B. / CLUB // GOOD FOR / 10C / IN TRADE, ALUMINUM, DIME SIZE
MILLER & ZUEHLKE / CLIFFORD CLUB // GOOD FOR 5 C IN TRADE, BRASS, CENTER HOLE NICKEL SIZE
Thanks to all for any help. exanimo, ss

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I can only help on one of these. The Miller & Zuehlke / Clifford Club is from Appleton, WI. The WI book says 1909-1920. Podunk? I've been there! John in ID

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a Podunk, Oklahoma! See if youi can find it! Monty

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Being as how vermont tokens trade so much better I'll call it that until proven different. LOL. thanks, so much ss

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
IMO, it is probable that the word "Podunk" refers to the name of the business rather than the location. Seldom are mavericks found with just the town, although some are. The implication of having just the town name is that the token would be good at every business in the town. So, it could be from the "Podunk Tavern" or "Podunk Cigar Store" - of course we still don't know its location. John in ID

montepollock

Jan 25, 2006
ft scott Ks
Detector(s) used
,Eagle Spectrum, Fisher1236x2,CZ5,tesoro golden
I can,t remember details but years ago I heard Of A podunk,iowa.I never had reason to verify it,though.My last name is POLLOCK,and I had a neighbor who used to call me podunk as a joke,so maybe you are looking for me?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread