Sallys House of Pleasure

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V-SAT, ACE 250, Lobo SuperTRAQ
Sally's House of Pleasure

Hi all,

A friend stopped by the shop and gave me three of these tokens/tags with a reclining nude on the front and the line "We change dust for gold coins" and "Sally's House of Pleasure, A Dozen Delightful Ladies to Fulfill Your Every Desire, Booze As Well" on the back.

They look just like the tag in this auction, minus the Sutter Creek, Cal. mark. Instead there's a blank area where a location could be stamped in.

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330349113514

Are these souvenir pieces, or was Sally's a real place/chain?

Any info appreciated.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Re: Sally's House of Pleasure

Listed in "Tokens and Medals: A Guide to the Identification and Values of United States Exonumia", First Edition, 1992 lists similar Sally's House of Pleasure items as Fantasy, Fakes, or Restrikes.

OP
OP
eathan

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used

Since there's no "freebie" or "good for..." offer I thought there was a small chance they could've been real advertising pieces, but with the blank for stamping a city, novelty was my best guess. Still neat though. :)

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

See my post under Tokens::::::: Brothels.

OP
OP
eathan

eathan

May 19, 2006
Oregon
Detector(s) used

I saw your post, and will be keeping my eye out in hopes the History Channel airs that show again. It was your thread that made me think there was a possibility they were real or at least copies, since they had no gimmicky slogans and offered no trade in value whatsoever.

3 Bears

Mar 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got one of those at the local thrift store. It was mounted in a wooden box with a Hap's Bath House token "Good for 1 screw-bath-beans" on the flip side, "$3 all night check"
My Sally's does say Sutter Creek Cal and it is worn smooth over most of it, also Sutter Creek isn't stamped in, it is raised like the rest of the lettering. Wondering if maybe it might be original???? It also has and old skeleton key attached with the number 2 stamped in it

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sally's House of Pleasure reminds me of Sally Conforte, past manager/owner of the Mustang Ranch in Storey County, Nevada. And that reminds me of the song Mustang Sally, but I digress from the thread; sorry.
Don........

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Sally's House of Pleasure reminds me of Sally Conforte, past manager/owner of the Mustang Ranch in Storey County, Nevada. And that reminds me of the song Mustang Sally, but I digress from the thread; sorry.
Don........
PS: For those who haven't heard the song--or for those who want to hear it one more time........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread