PICKED FROM DEALERS JUNK BIN THIS WEEK

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
PICKED FROM DEALER'S JUNK BIN THIS WEEK

I always grab mavericks and hope they prove to be from Indiana.
The ones that aren't I trade off.

WALTON CANNING CO. / 1 / PAIL // BLANK, BRASS richard's token page says this is from Walton, KY

25 / LEE GRABER / 25 // IN TRADE ONLY / 25 / (LOGO CORRODED LOOKS LIKE INGLE SYSTEM MORE THAN ORCO) / PAT. APR. 7 1914 - LOOKS WHITE METAL

Any help greatly appreciated. Sorry no photos. siegfried schlagrule

tokensmith

Aug 8, 2007
Re: PICKED FROM DEALER'S JUNK BIN THIS WEEK

The Lee Graber token is from Massillon, OH according to the Ohio book and Wagaman's Ingle book. Curiously, the 1-5-10-50-1.00 denominations are listed, but not your 25¢ one.

intimer

Jan 15, 2009
east tennessee

agree on the graber token

will try to find out about the walton item. it's not in my listing.

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.

tokensmith said:
The Lee Graber token is from Massillon, OH according to the Ohio book and Wagaman's Ingle book. Curiously, the 1-5-10-50-1.00 denominations are listed, but not your 25¢ one.

Thanks TS, I have a number of the ingle tokens and ordered a replacement copy for my book today. best regards, siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used

intimer said:
agree on the graber token

will try to find out about the walton item. it's not in my listing.

richard's token database gave the location but i don't recall if they offered a source for the information. Neither one is listed in my copy of the Bruce Smith TAMS Maverick index which arrived today. regards, siegfried schlagrule

intimer

Jan 15, 2009
east tennessee

richard's token base may be correct? you could write him and ask if he has further information.

i looked through D&B and found walton in wv va tx neb miss in il ky fl and a few waltonvilles - one i noted was pa.
the following walton ... i found:
indiana has a walton elevator co; a laundry co; and a cash store all start walton...
florida had a walton fish co.
kentucky had the most by far
walton advertiser, bank trust, electric light, garage, loose leaf tobacco whse., and a walton & powers.

so nothing from this except it might narrow your search looking in other sources. i asked someone that collects the canning tokens and they did not have anymore information..

good luck hunting, hope you can find a postcard or at least an advertisement. don't give up stuff shows up on ebay all the time. you can put a search to be notified - maybe with words in quotes or 'show all words' to narrow. just token canning would be sufficient i would think.

anyway mavericks are gratifying when id'd. good luck.

intimer

Jan 15, 2009
east tennessee

just did a yahoo search; the following was the link that came

"Business Scenes, Walton, Kentucky
Walton Canning Company, c. 1904."

www.nkyviews.com/boone/boone_walton_businesses_off_main.htm

here's a photo from the link.

richard's data base and the ntca club are the real thing!!!

Attachments

• s_boone234.jpg
    s_boone234.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 546
OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used

thanks. Been replacing my maverick guides this week and will ID some of the unknown ones i own when they get here. Lost my copies in 2003 floods and have nearly 8 years of purchases to look up.
What is your opinion of the differences between the Sena guide and the Ruggeri? Are both rolled into Richard's database? What is the name of the guy who did the NTCA maverick guide so i can look for that too.? regards,
siegfried schlagrule

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other

Norman Peterson was the guy who first indexed all the NTCA mavericks. I think that Richard has them all on his site now. He also has all the TAMS and IKO-TAMS mavericks up through the point when Peterson stopped and scattered ones since then.
John in ID

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used

intimer said:
hey siegfried please give me your email address.
mike .

your inbox is full

here you go and I'll go in and delete some old emails .....
[email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread