Kansas

Wetgreenie

Oct 14, 2005
Central Minnesota
Detector(s) used
GTI 1500, Tesoro Silver U max
I would imagine this is some kind of Token, tag or possibly on of those deals where you squish a penny into a "thanks for comming to reptile world" thingy. At first glace to looks to be old, copper and has good patina to it. The back has no design on it and almost looks like it could have been hammered.
It is hard to read but I think it says "Great seal of the state of Kansas" and "Jan,29 1861" I assume.

According to a little looking in the net, The date pertains to Kansas becoming our 34th state.

What do you think? Token, Squishy thingy .... Other?

Attachments

• kans.jpg
    kans.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 207

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've found a few of those. I have a couple from MN. I don't know how old they are, but the date is the year it became a state. I don't think that the ones I have are all that old.

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
I detected one of these keychain tags from Idaho at a townsite that was abandoned in the 1940s, and I've seen them on eBay. I think some company probably make a series to include all states and then marketed them at souvenir shops. John in ID

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During our celebration the Kansas tourism ordered many items to sell that year (1961). That was one of many items for sell. Hope that helps. HH Burdie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread