ANOTHER MAVERICK TOKEN - BRUNSWICK

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
THE BRUNSWICK-BALKE / COLLENDER / COMPY / (BILLIARDS TABLE) / CHECK // GOOD FOR / 2 1/2 C / S.J.P. / IN TRADE, ALUMINUM, 8SC, ABOUT HALF DOLLAR SIZE. any help greatly appreciated. exanimo, ss

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Brunswick Balke Collender is an earlier name for the Brunswick Corp. that continues to manufacture some of the finest billiard tables made. (I own two BBC tables - a pool table from the early 1920s and a snooker table from about 1910.) The company was founded in 1845 as the JM Brunswick Co. After merging with a rival in 1873 the company was known as the JM Brunswick & Balke Co. until 1884 when they merged with another rival and became The Brunswick-Balke-Collender Co. The name was changed to the Brunswick Corp. in 1960.

B-B-C issued many tokens for billiard halls across the country. It would take some research to find out where and when your token was made.

Nice find. Can you post a pic?

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
I don't have the knowledge or equipment to post pics sorry. ss

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
If memory serves me correctly, I believe that BBC items are a nice collectible. The fact that the face value of 2 1/2 cents gives an approximate age.

Quote from Idahotokens on another post and taken out of context.

"This token is probably from the midwest as the 2?? denomination was popular there."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread