Henry clay token

K

kentuckyhunter

Hey everyone,i dug a token at my 1840's home and was hoping you all could possibly date it for me and give it's value. sorry i dont have pics.
on the front it reads, Henry Clay
a farmer of ashland
born April 12 1777

reverse side reads, the noble and patriotic supporter
of the peoples rights
The front also includes a side view of his face and the reverse side has like a wreath around it. it is in very readible condition with still some of the gold gilt on it.
Thanks for any help,Bill

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Welcome!! Nice find! I wouldn't reccomend selling on ebay if you decide to sell it, sell it on a ritzy-ditzy exonumia site or something, you will get a lot more :)

OP
OP
K

kentuckyhunter

Thanks Guys for the replys,it was neat to find a token like this in my own yard.I have dug about 50 coins from the 1800's and very early nineteen hundreds so far out of my yard with quite a few relics,but this was my first token.my oldest and first coin that i found in my yard was a 1837 half dime.
for the bottle and button collectors ,i removed one of my fireplace mantles from my parlor the other day and found 6 very early buttons,a corked top mercurachrome medicine bottle with a nice label and the bottle has never been opened.also was part of a letter dated 1859.
just cant get enough of the old stuff
Thanks again,Bill

K

Kentucky Kache

Wow. Sounds like you're in a good area.

OP
OP
K

kentuckyhunter

Yeah i have a good time with it.There was alot of CW movement in my area.The home across from me was and officers quarters and there has been quite a few relics found there.I have been remodeling on my old house and am just now getting alittle time to research some of these local places.
What part of Ky do you live in ? maybe we can swap out some places some time.I live in Springfield,Ky.
Bill

K

Kentucky Kache

Casey County. Just one county between us.

OP
OP
K

kentuckyhunter

Yeah,i am pretty familar with Casey Co. Use to go to Camp Wakondaho,i think that is how you spell it? My Grand father use to be the caretaker there.I also have been down to the salvage yard there in Liberty a few times getting Nova parts.
Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread