Miami, OK 25c Aircraft Tavern Trade Tokens -INFO PLEASE !!

bradsguns

Jul 5, 2007
Shell Knob, MO
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon & Vaquero
Found these two tokens in a box of stuff from an auction. Would appreciate any info including year, number made, value, etc....Im sure someone out there has them listed in a book somewhere. I will be posting on our favorite auction site as soon as I get some info....I would have passed them by, but someone already offered me $20 for the pair....made me a little inquisitive. OH...also, should these be cleaned in any way ?? Or just leave them ??
Thanks All,
Brad

Attachments

• IMG_3036.JPG
    IMG_3036.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 248

cwtokenman

Jul 14, 2009
I have two Oklahoma token references, but your token was only listed in one of them, R.W. Chadwick's "Oklahoma Exonumia, A Catalog of Monetary Substitutes" (2007). I will assume that your photo shows the obverse of one token, and the reverse of the other, which, since they are the same size, tells me that they are both the 25c variety. A 5c variety was also issued, but it was only 21mm instead of 25mm. The tokens are made of brass, and retail price (in 2007) is listed at $75.00 each. No other information on that token was given. The other reference, Lloyd C. Walker's "Catalog of Oklahoma Tokens" (1978) provides some information about the town of Miami, OK. It is the county seat of Ottawa County. Its Post Office was established in 1891. Its population is given as: 1900 - 75, 1910 - 2907, 1920 - 6802, 1930 - 8064, 1940 - 8345, 1970 - 13,880.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
bradsguns

bradsguns

Jul 5, 2007
Shell Knob, MO
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon & Vaquero
Thanks...I knew I could count on someone here on Tnet !!
Im going to list one Tomorrow (Tuesday) night on FeeBay....Guess I'll just start it at 9.95 andsee what happens.
Thanks Again,
Brad

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
$41. This is an illustration of the fact that there are just not that many collectors for certain states who are actively buying right now.
John in ID

Destiny

Greenie
Feb 10, 2011
Layton, Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites
I think that the economy has effected token sales. Everyone is tightning their pocketbooks.. but on a positive note... there are some tokens that haven't seen the light of day in several decades poping up for sale... Every cloud has a silver lining.

Destiny

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
idahotokens said:
$41. This is an illustration of the fact that there are just not that many collectors for certain states who are actively buying right now.
John in ID

and by the time E-Fee and PP-fees grab their cut. You can kiss that $41.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread