98.7 KB · Views: 247
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 250

cyberborikua

Apr 11, 2011
Chicago
Detector(s) used
BH 505, BH Tracker IV, Minelab Safari, Minelab E-Track,Tesoro Sand Shark, Cobra Beach Master, Radio Shack Micronta 3001
Very nice ones. I recently found out that some tokens are more valuable than the silver we find sometimes. I found a 1996 Chuck E Cheese token and was amazed to see that one exactly like it was selling in e-bay for $14 :icon_scratch:

Let's keep finding them :headbang:

buckhunter2100

Tenderfoot
Apr 2, 2011
North Tonawanda,NY
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900Di
Dave:
Those are some nice finds...tokens are always sweet things to find.....

Cyberborikua......don't use E-bay as a standard to place a value on a token. Lots of people who dont have a clue of a tokens value will try to sell on Ebay with a price that will never sell. Chuckie Cheese tokens are only collected by a small group of people, the ones with the town on them are worth a little bit more, I never seen a Chuckie Cheese token that was worth $14.00. They're only a couple of bucks at most.....

cyberborikua

Apr 11, 2011
Chicago
Detector(s) used
BH 505, BH Tracker IV, Minelab Safari, Minelab E-Track,Tesoro Sand Shark, Cobra Beach Master, Radio Shack Micronta 3001
buckhunter2100 said:
Dave:

Cyberborikua......don't use E-bay as a standard to place a value on a token. Lots of people who dont have a clue of a tokens value will try to sell on Ebay with a price that will never sell. Chuckie Cheese tokens are only collected by a small group of people, the ones with the town on them are worth a little bit more, I never seen a Chuckie Cheese token that was worth $14.00. They're only a couple of bucks at most.....

You misinterpreted my comment, I'm not using ebay as a standard to place value on anything. Nobody should be that naive to think that people selling in ebay know what they are doing. I'm just saying that you can find those tokens selling for XX prices in ebay. If they have that value or not is irrelevant because when true collectors really want or need a piece of whatever they are collecting, they may be willing to pay what is asked or negotiate around it. I made a mistake in typing the price of the 1996 CEC token. I saw it for $4, not $14. My apologies for the confusion.

cyberborikua

Apr 11, 2011
Chicago
Detector(s) used
buckhunter2100 said:
Dave:

Since you haven't seen CEC tokens sold for more than a few bucks, here is a page from a CEC collector discussing about CEC token prices and using E-bay as a reference.

http://users.pullman.com/fjstevens/tokens/cec/CECvalues.html

The following is a website devoted to CEC collectibles. The second item is a token sold for over $30:

http://www.showbizpizza.com/ceccollect/related/index.html

and this is a link to ebay CEC token sales:

http://cgi.ebay.com/141-FACE-VALUE-CHUCK-E-CHEESE-TOKENS-AND-SIMILAR-NR-/280643642050

OP
OP
davehky

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for looking...I just love finding Tokens along with the coins I find..ty for the info too! :)HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions