Found on Top the Ground!!! / Token Cache:Updated Pic

buckshot

Mar 31, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Hey all, My dog Rufus likes to dig around a Big ole Elm tree in the backyard and as a result of one of his excavations I found these two tokens near one of the castoff piles of dirt. We got a good hard rain lastnite and they were just laying there right on top of the ground. One is a 5 center and the other a 25 center, with no markings on the other side/blank. Are these just generic type tokens? The numerical style is alittle different on each. History of the area dates to 1870's.
Think i'll get my detector and go over that ground alittle closer ;D
buckshot
Ok,Today after work i grabbed my md and went to the spot where i found the first 2 tokens the day before and my md started getting some hits. Here are the results. 23 more these tokens all in about a 2ft. radius for now. This is the most stuff i've ever found in one spot. Needless to say i got pretty excited and my 4 legged metal detector Rufus got extra dog treats!!!

Attachments

• BIGELM finds2 014.JPG
    BIGELM finds2 014.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 505
  • Token Cache 003.JPG
    Token Cache 003.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 459

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool...instant token collection. Congrats.

NJ

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is really cool! Some tokens are valuable.

OP
OP
buckshot

buckshot

Mar 31, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Hey birdman, I'm sure some tokens are valuable. I don't know beans about tokens. But, some other replies said these were slot machine tokens. I hav'nt a clue as to value? It's just fun finding them. :laughing9:

Yeah N.J.THer, Before the day before yesterday i was token poor. Today i'm token rich!!!! :laughing7: I found 5 more today!!! posted in TODAYS FINDS...

buckshot

OP
OP
buckshot

buckshot

Mar 31, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
allen said:
he should get a nice bath and shampoo for
helping lead you to that nice cache of tokens.
Hey allen, I'm going to set him up even better than that! I've got him a female companion located at a pet foster home that rescues dogs/cats and then rehomes them to folks that really can/want to give them a forever home. I hope to pick her up in about a week. My dog Rufus is also a rescued animal. He had been dumped on the side of a country road, but i rescued him myself with help from my friend "nature girl". I've had him about a year now and he's a great dog...

buckshot

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
buckshot said:
allen said:
he should get a nice bath and shampoo for
helping lead you to that nice cache of tokens.
Hey allen, I'm going to set him up even better than that! I've got him a female companion located at a pet foster home that rescues dogs/cats and then rehomes them to folks that really can/want to give them a forever home. I hope to pick her up in about a week. My dog Rufus is also a rescued animal. He had been dumped on the side of a country road, but i rescued him myself with help from my friend "nature girl". I've had him about a year now and he's a great dog...

buckshot

ROFLMAO!!! Yeah, like rufus is gonna be interested in any more detecting with bess there!!

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You picked a good dog! My brother's dog waits until I dig the plug and then sticks his nose in the hole smelling for gold... or t-bones!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread