nevada state tokens........

OP
OP
LONE GUNMAN

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
jeffro, not to bad havent been in here for a while.....have to get you some pics of the goodies i have gotten out here......got any info on nevada state tokens?
ttl
lgp

OP
OP
LONE GUNMAN

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
hey yall i am still looking for info on nevada tokens......have gotten some really good ones here of late.......looking for a price on monarch bar token....good for 12.5 in trade.....only token issued from monarch....and help would be appriciated.
thanks lgp

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Tokens, unlike coins, have no established market value. If you buy a copy of the coin "Redbook", A Guidebook to US Coins, you can come pretty close to establishing a coin's value from it. Tokens, on the other hand, don't have as large a base - fewer collectors, and fewer tokens have been found. Plus the way tokens are collected is different: most collectors only want one of the state, town, merchant, or variety whereas there are collectors who collect rolls of certain coins.

When it comes to values, a printed state token catalog is really only good for knowing whether the token was known to the cataloguer at the time of publication. Few cataloguers have access to all of the major collections in his area, let alone the finds of metal detectorists and others who may have tokens. So, the population shown in a catalog is at best a guess, and valuations shown are really a guess.

The only way to evaluate a token is to let the market decide - a willing buyer and a willing seller. But keep in mind that if a certain token sells for $x, a subsequent sale value will probably be different because the transaction will be between a different set of buyers and sellers.

Online auctions are a pretty good gauge of value, but you may go decades without seeing a certain token come up for auction, so you must be willing to put yours up for sale. Or, you could consider joining one of the national or regional token collecting groups - there you could show your token to others and get offers.

John in ID

OP
OP
LONE GUNMAN

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
hey thanks for the reply.....i am just getting into collecting nevada tokens and all the help that you could give would be appriciated.
thanks again
lgp

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
If you or anyone wants information on joining one of the national or regional token collector groups, PM me. There are advantages to each group, and each group is different. Costs vary downward from $30 or so a year.
John in ID

Silverfox

Oct 18, 2006
Iowa
Hi there, In my Nevada Trade Tokens Catalog from 1990, only 12 were known of your Monarch Token and is worth $100.00.
I hope this helps!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread