Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the very first CW Store Card that I have ever dug up and am wondering if anyone can help me with value and rarity.

I did find 1 on Feebay that recently ended and that was by chance through a Google search.

Also, what book would anyone recommend to use as a reference?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
DJH

Attachments

• Store Card Obverse.jpg
    Store Card Obverse.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 205
  • Store_Card_Reverse.jpg
    Store_Card_Reverse.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 209
  • Store Card Obverse.jpg
    Store Card Obverse.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 182
  • Store_Card_Reverse.jpg
    Store_Card_Reverse.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 207

tokensmith

Aug 8, 2007
Your token is listed in the Fuld civil war token book as IN500I-1a with a rarity rating of R3. The Kanzinger price guide gives a value of $25 in F/VF condition.

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tokensmith said:
Your token is listed in the Fuld civil war token book as IN500I-1a with a rarity rating of R3. The Kanzinger price guide gives a value of $25 in F/VF condition.

Thank you for your help.

I am not familiar with the rating scale, so if you could elaborate just a bit I would greatly appreciate it very much.

Of the 2 books you mention above (Fuld and Kazinger), which one would you find to be the most informative?

Thanks again
DJH

tokensmith

Aug 8, 2007
The rating scale runs from 1-10. R3 means fairly common with 500-2000 pieces known.

The Fuld book is necessary if you wish to identify which variety you own. The Kanzinger book is simply a price guide with prices given only by Fuld catalog number. I don't collect civil war tokens myself, but I would assume most civil war token collectors would want both.

OP
OP
diggin jimmy hoffa

diggin jimmy hoffa

Oct 5, 2007
Somewhere in Michiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus for now
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tokensmith said:
The rating scale runs from 1-10. R3 means fairly common with 500-2000 pieces known.

The Fuld book is necessary if you wish to identify which variety you own. The Kanzinger book is simply a price guide with prices given only by Fuld catalog number. I don't collect civil war tokens myself, but I would assume most civil war token collectors would want both.
Thank you very much for your help and your insight

Regards DJH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread