Is this a Token?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Aug 2010
    Wisconsin

Is this a Token?

I found what seems to be a token. It says Pole Sprayers Inc Penta 1960. I am unable to post pics, so I am leaving a link to a picture on the internet that is not mine, but it is identical.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mag3737/4102695656/

Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Aug 2003
    1032 times

Re: Is this a Token?

No, not a token. But it is a pole tag - when utility poles (pet peeve of mine is that most people call them telephone poles, even though almost all of them are owned by the power company, and now a high percentage of telephone lines are underground) are placed, the buried part is treated with creosote to prevent rot. After many years in the ground under certain conditions, the utility company pays a contractor to come through and dig out the bases of poles and re-creosote them. Tags like this are nailed to the post to indicate which company did the treating and when it was done.
    John in ID

us
    Aug 2010
    Wisconsin

Re: Is this a Token?

Quote Originally Posted by idahotokens
    No, not a token. But it is a pole tag - when utility poles (pet peeve of mine is that most people call them telephone poles, even though almost all of them are owned by the power company, and now a high percentage of telephone lines are underground) are placed, the buried part is treated with creosote to prevent rot. After many years in the ground under certain conditions, the utility company pays a contractor to come through and dig out the bases of poles and re-creosote them. Tags like this are nailed to the post to indicate which company did the treating and when it was done.
    John in ID
    Thank you. I couldn't find much on the internet other than the photo. Very interesting.
    HH

Sponsored Links