Religeous medallions & masonic books / price guides

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Religeous medallions & masonic books / price guides

Boog--

These two are areas ripe for research. From the library of the Token and Medal Society (www.tokenandmedal.org), only a few items might have what you seek - see list below. I suspect that there have been articles written on the subjects that appear in the Numismatist (from the American Numismatic Association, www.money.org) and in the Journal of the Token and Medal Society, and perhaps others, but those might be a bit more difficult to locate, and they probably would not be in the form of an exhaustive catalog. I am certain that there are collectors specializing in these two areas, but as far as I know, no reference works exist.

John in ID

Monnaie De Paris (1972)
Medailles Religieuses La Vierge (Medals honoring the Virgin Mary)

Santa Barbara, Artur and De Oliveira, Francisco Pereira (1975)
Historial Da Medalha Commemoativa Religiosa

King, E.A. (1930)
Masonic Chapter Pennies (1972 reprint of the 1930 original)

Wright, Dr. B.P. (1963)
The Mark Penny - Masonic Pieces (ANA Reprint)

Wright, Dr. B.P. (1903)
Masonic Chapter Pennies - second and third lists (reprinted from the Numismatist)

OP
OP
boogeyman

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Religeous medallions & masonic books / price guides

John,

Huge thank you for the leads & titles!!! Most of the coin shops around me haven't had the chance to become versed with a lot of this. We usually end up doing a group head scratch. Kind of amazing how much Masonic stuff has been coming around lately. All of a sudden I'm finding literally handfulls of lapel pins tie tacks & other stuff in lots I've been stumbling on. Religeous medals too both dug & in lots of jewlery.

Again thanks for the help!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread