The Viaduct/ Bar Co./ Everett, Wash and "tourist" good for tokens

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these tokens in a 100 year old railroad logging camp here in Washington State. The viaduct token was to the "Viaduct saloon" but I would like to know if it is a rare token or not and perhaps a value for its "as found" condition. The "Tourist" token only has "good for five cents in trade" written on the backside. I have no clue were it would have come from, any help on either token would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• P4030694.JPG
    P4030694.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 130
  • P4030695.JPG
    P4030695.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 152
OP
OP
highnam

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help guys. The "tourist" must be a mystery. I can breath a bit easier knowing the tokens aren't worth very much. I thought an original rare saloon token with city, state and some provenance could be worth a few hundred dollars. $13 dollars....I couldn't take my wife to movie for that!

OP
OP
highnam

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Idaho! That was my first token find, over a year ago. I'm thrilled to finally know. Awesome to know it came from a slot machine! Even a picture of a slot machine from the year this token was lost. Your the man Idaho!

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
And, as a point of information, even though a token-issuing business may have been a saloon, the token must carry the word, "Saloon" - not Buffet, Bar, Club, or any of a dozen variants - for it to be called a "Saloon token" and get an automatic premium value in the eyes of serious collectors. Of course sellers on auction sites, etc. seldom advertise that way. It seems that almost any token that does not say the type of business that used it is fair game for them to advertise as a "Saloon Token". Caveat Emptor
John in the Great 208

OP
OP
highnam

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, That's good information, i can see your point. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have a valuable token just laying around, I'm relieved I can keep it, where if it was worth a couple hundred it might have gone to a collector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread