Help with WWI Era Dog Tag....

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today I took the CTX3030 out and was hunting in a yard that I have hunted frequently, among some of the other finds, I did recover this WWI? dog tag.. It has the soldier's serial number on the back. I was wondering if any one on here knows how to get more info on the soldier through the name and ser.#? Thanks Evan
btw I have tried
www.archives.gov and aad.archives.gov and haven't found any info.. I may be stuck on this one...

Hz7X2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks bud...very good site.. can't find a reference for the serial number on the tag.. I am running out of options unless there is a site that has the serial numbers or the government will allow to search...

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DONT KNOW IF THIS COULD BE YOUR MAN
Civil War, Philippine Insurrection, WWII, Cold War, Genealogy, Sources

THEY USED THOSE DOG TAGS DURING THIS TIME PERIOD TOO
Yes.. I talked to the man who created that web page, I told him what I found and was looking to return the tag to his family. He was rather rude and in his last correspondence told me that I had a corroded chunk of metal and he had a grandfather with a great history... so I left it at that.. He would not tell me what his grandfather's service number was to confirm it was him, he didn't seem to care about it.. So hopefully it wasn't his.. I was hoping to reunite it with someone who would appreciate it... thanks Casper..I appreciate the help..

Rich in Houston

Nov 30, 2003
Houston,Katy TX.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro UMax, Cortez & Tejon, Fisher CZ20,
Garrett GTA 1000, AT Pro & AT Max. Minelab Equanox600
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hard to believe he would treat you like that. That's whack..

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hard to believe he would treat you like that. That's whack..
Yeah I was sort of shocked too. I don't understand why someone would act like that.. if that was my grandfather and someone had found his Dog tags I would do everything I could to get it back...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread