Help! Token With No City Or State Name

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a 1 inch diameter brass token. There is no city or state name on it. It was found in Central Illinois but that doesn't mean it used here. One side reads "AMEDIO PICCKIONE" and the other side reads "GOOD FOR 5 (cents) IN TRADE". I've tried researching it on the internet with no luck. I know its a long shot but with the vast amount of knowledge on this forum maybe someone can ID it for me. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC00158token.jpg
    DSC00158token.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 133
  • DSC00161token.jpg
    DSC00161token.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 149

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find! Amedio Picckioni is shown in the 1905 La Salle, IL City Directory as having a saloon at 107 St. Marks in La Salle. The spelling might be correct on the token itself, or in the directory - we need some more evidence to determine that.

This one is not listed in the Vacketta book, Trade Tokens of Illinois, but that book is 30 years old and a lot of IL tokens were unknown at the time. It would be great if you'd post this one on Richard's Token Database - TokenCatalog.com or I'd be happy to do that with your permission.

John in the Great 208

OP
OP
F

flinthunter

Jan 3, 2011
Illinois
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, V3i, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you idahotokens for the fast ID. You're more than welcome to post this token on Richards Token Database - TokenCatalog.com. I am currently only about 40 miles from La Salle but I seem to remember the token being found around Toluca, Illinois which is only about 20 miles from La Salle. I think its safe to say that you gave a positive ID. Thank you very much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions