American Eagle no cash value token

brewern

Mar 30, 2013
Does anyone know how old these gaming tokens are? And what type of games they were used for?

image-4121516466.jpg

Found about an inch in the ground at a local park.

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
These were first put out in the 1970s and you can still buy them from the manufacturer - notice the small HH below the eagle/shield - that is Hoffman & Hoffman, now known as Hoffman Mint This type of token is used in a lot of video arcades and other amusement machines. They are pretty generic and the same types are used all over. It cost more to have a custom design put on them, but many arcades did that.
John in the Great 208

OP
OP
brewern

brewern

Mar 30, 2013
These were first put out in the 1970s and you can still buy them from the manufacturer - notice the small HH below the eagle/shield - that is Hoffman & Hoffman, now known as Hoffman Mint This type of token is used in a lot of video arcades and other amusement machines. They are pretty generic and the same types are used all over. It cost more to have a custom design put on them, but many arcades did that.
John in the Great 208

Thanks for the info! I was guessing about the 70's.

mariotennis

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello brewern, I'm Mario from Italy. these tokens are used also for self service laundry. Can you please send me by email to [email protected] the pictures of these tokens as i may need them for my laundry and i can buy them from you. Thanks and regards.

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Mario--brewern just found one of these. If you are looking to buy this sort of token, go to Hoffman Mint for a manufacturer who can sell them to you.
John in the Great 208

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions