mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This first token was found by me 2 years ago in Golden Gate Park. It was already broken when found as the broken edge was oxidized.
It says:
Golden City Saloon
518 Pacific Ave or Avenue

The reverse: 10
This Saloon was located in the famous Barbary Coast District, which was the wild part of town during the Gold Rush years.

golden City.jpg golden city 2.jpg

This second token was found by me a couple of weeks ago, also in Golden Gate Park while metal detecting. It seems to look much better in person.
It says:
K.&E.
863 MARKET ST.

The reverse:
GOOD FOR
6 1/4 C
IN TRADE

I am unable to find any information on this establishment. There was a saloon there called Revelation, and prior to that a place that sold wood burning stoves.
Of interest if you have been to San Francisco in the last 20 years or so, this address currently is occupied by Nordstrom and is a huge indoor mall.

K+E.jpg K+E 2.jpg

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. larry, awesome tokens! There is a Golden City Saloon token listed on tokencatalog.com, but it is a 25 denomination and it is scalloped and aluminum (circa 1905) which makes me think yours is older. The K & E token is not listed there. You might want to list it. I just love old merchant trade tokens, especially Saloons!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread