berti

Jul 12, 2013
ForumRunner_20130805_105551.png

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
I got one in a local coinstar machine reject bin. Same on both sides, no indication of use or origin. I figured it was a lucky pocket piece...
John in the Great 208

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
...try a magnet to it...the angel coin/token should stick to it....I think that it is made out of steel and coated to look golden....that angel coin/token is a free giveaway from some of the Catholic Organizations...such as the Maryknoll Missions....free gift for donations....Joe

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks, Joe - mine is sure enough magnetic. I was wondering if it had any relationship to St. Christopher medals.
John in the Great 208

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Another online, "heavyn_s" gave this response:
Legend has it that anyone who owns an Angel Coin is promised love, money, and happiness. The original "Angel Coin" was minted by Augustine Dupre, a nobleman who was commissioned by King Louis XVI in 1792 to design the new monetary currency for France. A firm believer in the power of guardian angels, Dupre incorporated this theme into his design using a mold of unknown material created by an alchemist known only as Lestat.

Years later, when Dupre fell out of favor with the King and was condemned to death, legend has it that he was saved from the guillotine when the Coin he carried as a talisman reflected the sunlight in his jail cell so brilliantly one day that the guard on duty broke into tears at the sight, unlocked the cell door, and let Dupre make his escape.

From that moment on, Dupre's creation became known as the "Angel Coin". He considered it a blessing for his life-long belief in angels. The next 200 years are filled with wondrous stories attributed to this talisman, including many claims of lives saved. Fisherman never went to sea without them. Most French pilots during WWI always packed one in their kits. Even Napolean carried the "Angel Coin" in his vest pocket (until one evening in 1815 on the verge of a great battle in Belgium, he arrogantly flung the coin into a nearby river which, not too coincidently, marked the starting point of his tragic demise).

In fact, the power of these coins was considered so great that Hermann Goering, the engineer of Hitler's evil vision, ordered his soldiers to round up all they could find which he then had buried in a secret location that's never been uncovered. Goering's obsession with good and evil was fanatical, and it's well documented that he devoted a great deal of Germany's resources to his futile search for another source of power --the Holy Grail.

More common, though, are the claims of ordinary people, whose lonely or troubled and often desperate lives have been re-made by the "Angel Coin" talisman. Skeptics call these remarkable transformations "coincidences". Believers call them "rewards for faith".

Based on exact specifications of the original "Angel Coins", the current re-minted supply includes a melting of many of the same ingredients as found in the few remaining originals. Each "Angel Coin" made today includes a portion of the same characteristics as the original "Angel Coins."
Don.........

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Great info, Don! That puppy is going in my pocket immediately. I'll post examples of the luck it brings.
John in the Great 208

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another online, "heavyn_s" gave this response:
Legend has it that anyone who owns an Angel Coin is promised love, money, and happiness. The original "Angel Coin" was minted by Augustine Dupre, a nobleman who was commissioned by King Louis XVI in 1792 to design the new monetary currency for France. A firm believer in the power of guardian angels, Dupre incorporated this theme into his design using a mold of unknown material created by an alchemist known only as Lestat.

Years later, when Dupre fell out of favor with the King and was condemned to death, legend has it that he was saved from the guillotine when the Coin he carried as a talisman reflected the sunlight in his jail cell so brilliantly one day that the guard on duty broke into tears at the sight, unlocked the cell door, and let Dupre make his escape.

From that moment on, Dupre's creation became known as the "Angel Coin". He considered it a blessing for his life-long belief in angels. The next 200 years are filled with wondrous stories attributed to this talisman, including many claims of lives saved. Fisherman never went to sea without them. Most French pilots during WWI always packed one in their kits. Even Napolean carried the "Angel Coin" in his vest pocket (until one evening in 1815 on the verge of a great battle in Belgium, he arrogantly flung the coin into a nearby river which, not too coincidently, marked the starting point of his tragic demise).

In fact, the power of these coins was considered so great that Hermann Goering, the engineer of Hitler's evil vision, ordered his soldiers to round up all they could find which he then had buried in a secret location that's never been uncovered. Goering's obsession with good and evil was fanatical, and it's well documented that he devoted a great deal of Germany's resources to his futile search for another source of power --the Holy Grail.

More common, though, are the claims of ordinary people, whose lonely or troubled and often desperate lives have been re-made by the "Angel Coin" talisman. Skeptics call these remarkable transformations "coincidences". Believers call them "rewards for faith".

Based on exact specifications of the original "Angel Coins", the current re-minted supply includes a melting of many of the same ingredients as found in the few remaining originals. Each "Angel Coin" made today includes a portion of the same characteristics as the original "Angel Coins."
Don.........

Don, again you have amazed me with your knowledge, that is a great story and even greater history lesson. Thanks for sharing.:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread