please help.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By kw509
  • 1 Post By FMJ VALOR

Thread: please help.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Sep 2013
    10 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

please help.

How do you clean tokens and should i clean it

Sep 2013
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jjasper25 View Post
    How do you clean tokens and should i clean it
    I am not sure if this is correct but I generally use a rock tumbler to clean my items. I use the tumbler with fish tank gravel, then fill the drum above the rock level with water & put a couple good squirts of dawn dish soap in there & tumble for 24 hours. Everything comes out beautiful.
    vpnavy and Garrobo like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    14068 times
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.
    "...not my circus, not my monkeys..."

Charter Member
    us
    Fly Navy!

Jun 2008
    York County, PA (USA) Brevard County, FL (USA)
    14068 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kw509 View Post
    I am not sure if this is correct but I generally use...
    I noticed this was your very first post. So, welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA) and thanks for jumping in to help a member.
    .:: We SaluteOur Veterans ::.

"A free people ought to be armed." - George Washington (January 7th, 1790)
    ..: Criminals obey "gun control" laws in the same manner politicians follow their oaths of office :..

.:: Rules and Guidelines ::.
    .:: NOTICE - You must be a Charter Member to sell on Treasure Net (Forum: Charter Member Classifieds) - NOTICE ::.
    "...not my circus, not my monkeys..."

Sep 2013
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vpnavy View Post
    I noticed this was your very first post. So, welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA) and thanks for jumping in to help a member.
    Well I figure that someone told me once & it has worked for me so why not share. Thanks for the welcome from Washington.

us
    Sep 2013
    bounty hunter quick draw 2
    4 times
    Metal Detecting
    if its a token it's the in the 1800's the early 19 hundreds I wouldn't wash it I only wash my clad coins , coins from the old days and tokens usually are worth more money the way they are rather than really clean
    Old Dude likes this.

us
    Jan 2009
    east tennessee
    28 times
    people are more & more interested in condition & yes whether cleaned or not....
    depends on the token to some degree. but the higher paying collectors, very generally, came from coin collecting and using condition as a buying criteria---as well as cleaning...!

I collect coal and lumber scrip---I figure if I don't have it I want it, the fact that it is worn (unless lettering missing or badly pitted) shows use...that's just history!!!

try not to clean it harshly...soaking in vinegar while taking it out & checking it alot is safe on brass. aluminum is the worse...soap and water, pink pearl eraser has little abrasives works.
    I have a thin piece of veneer laminate with holes cut to fit variety of token sizes. this holds it in place while using the eraser.
    intimer

Sponsored Links