Another Saloon Token

Butterfield

Dec 8, 2006
sunny side.jpg sunny side rev.jpg Came across another maverick saloon token. The holder states it is from Lebanon, Kentucky, but I can't verify that. Does anyone know?

texasvarmit

Oct 6, 2006
Texas and Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT gold, Fisher CZ5 quicksilver, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 877676 View attachment 877677 Came across another maverick saloon token. The holder states it is from Lebanon, Kentucky, but I can't verify that. Does anyone know?
your Sunny Side Saloon token is not listed in Al Erickson's book Saloon Tokens of the United States, which is likely the most complete saloon token listing for the USA. it would date post 1892, likely a "beer saloon" (5 cent = one beer)

intimer

Jan 15, 2009
east tennessee
a friend told me there is a "jug" with Sunny Side Saloon on it. says the proprietor, city & state is on the jug ( I will try to find out this info)
but would like to ask you what city the token was found (IF IT WAS DUG ESPECIALLY!) to possibly connect the two.

intimer

Last edited:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Last edited:

texasvarmit

Oct 6, 2006
Texas and Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT gold, Fisher CZ5 quicksilver, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
J.H. Kearns was the proprietor of the saloon in 1880. The saloon was located on Water Street, Lebanon ((Marion Co. )KY.
As of a few years ago (and perhaps even today) the building looked like this:
http://userdoc.ancestry.com/userdoc...0f&mac=8D092F5D52738000000Z0hXb91skgI=.boards
Don.......

PS: I found this site interesting--regarding the history of the saloon and its proprietor:
Those Pre-Pro Whiskey Men!: J.H. Kearns: His Sunny Side Saloon Had a Bloody Past
great research there Mack! like that pre pro whiskey blog.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread