Southeast Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen some similar Civil War reunion medals. Are those two soldiers or a soldier and an indian?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
I have seen some similar Civil War reunion medals. Are those two soldiers or a soldier and an indian?

I can't say for sure but looks like two teepees, one on each side....maybe a third right in the middle. Thanks for taking a look, I'll start looking for Civil War tokens now....

OP
OP

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky

Thanks Hendrix! Found a very similiar medallion, Reunion of the Blue and Grey.....it's two soldiers and three tents. The reverse of mine is different than the one I located but close enough to solve....many thanks.

Hendrix

Jan 8, 2007
Southeast Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool. Those reunions were a big deal back in the early 1900's.

Hendrix

Jan 8, 2007
Southeast Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if it will help, but if I'm correct, most of those are from the Gettysburg reunions. I think that had special medals for veterans of each state with the Gettysburg monument for their particular state on the back of the medal.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You may find these words interesting: One side reads, "Reunion of the Blue and the Gray" with a vignette of soldiers shaking hands, the reverse with the words, "Fort Sanders Its Memory Alone Remains" with a vignette showing a fort with Union flag.
Source--along with a pic of the entire medal described--though still not exactly yours, but both medals may have the Fort Sanders connection:
Lot 72: 5 TN Civil War Era CDV's and Fort Sanders Medal | Case Antiques
Don.......

OP
OP

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Don't know if it will help, but if I'm correct, most of those are from the Gettysburg reunions. I think that had special medals for veterans of each state with the Gettysburg monument for their particular state on the back of the medal.

That likely explains the variation on the reverse. Once again, thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread