whiskey token

whoknows52

Jan 17, 2007
I was working a small grassy area in downtown Baltimore about 3 months ago when I got a faint hit. When I dug about 5 inches I saw the reeded edge of a gold coin, silver dollar size coin. I've never found any gold coins and thought this was my day! I pulled out a large gold colored token that said Green River Whiskey...The Whiskey Without Regrets

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Doesit look like this?

$20.00

Measuring approximately 1 1/4 inches in diameter, this unusual, circa 1910’s, brass-toned metal, Green River Whiskey Token features on its front side, an elegantly attired Black Man in Top Hat leading a Horse. The advertisement, “Green River Whiskey, The Whiskey Without Regrets” is stamped along the upper and lower portions of the front of the token. The reverse side features a giant Horse Shoe with a Four Leaf Clover and further product advertising, “It’s lucky to drink Green River Whiskey.” Condition is quite fine with only minor wear to the brass plating.

Attachments

• Green River.jpg
    Green River.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 292
OP
OP
W

whoknows52

Jan 17, 2007
Gypsy...Not trying to be nosey...I'm asuming you found the same token....What state are you in? and do you know where green river whiskey co. is?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread